Author Topic: Dr. Pensler- Great Chicago Surgeon, Before and After pics  (Read 6868 times)

Offline Andrew4444

• Posting Member
Dr. Pensler- Great Chicago Surgeon, Before and After pics
Hey everybody,

I had a hard time finding information on Doctors that perform this surgery so I thought I would share my experience and hope that maybe it will help some of you that have the same questions I had.  First a little bit about myself, I am 6’2 and 245 lbs, I am a pretty healthy guy and I workout on a regular basis.  I first noticed lumps in my chest when I was 16 and just assumed it was fat so thats when I started working out hoping it would get rid of the lumps but come to find out that only makes them more visible.  By the time I was 20 the lumps had gotten bigger and became tender so I went to my regular physician who told me it was gynecomastia.  I then did all the research I could on gynecomastia and found out that I could get surgery to remove the tissue that had been making me self conscious for years.  I finally decided on setting up a consultation with Dr. Pensler in Chicago, which was the best decision I have ever made.  The consultation cost $150 which would be deducted from the surgery’s total price.  At the consultation Dr. Pensler’s staff answered any questions I had and made me feel so comfortable that I was not the least bit nervous on the day of surgery.  Also at the consultation the office staff goes over your finance options which they had at least 3 options.  I chose to go with care credit and then Dr. Pensler’s staff processed my information right there in the office and I was immediately approved for the amount I needed so I didn’t have to worry about that.  The total amount for my surgery, consultation and both sides of my chest was only $5000 which I thought was great because most doctors I researched charged $5000 for each side of your chest.  At my consultation they scheduled my surgery for two weeks later which I thought was great because I just assumed it would be about 2 months before I could get in.  I went in for surgery on October 29th, 2009 and it only took about an hour for the surgery.  I slept that entire day but the next night I went out and after 2 weeks I was back in the gym.  I am so completely happy with my results I would recommend Dr. Pensler to anyone who wants this surgery, he and his staff were amazing and they answered any questions and concerns I could have possibly had to make me feel comfortable with getting this surgery done.  I have attached my before pictures and my one month post surgery pictures so you can get a good idea what this surgery does.  If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:26:59 PM by Andrew4444 »

Offline Andrew4444

• Posting Member
Dr. Pensler- Great Chicago Surgeon, Before and After pics2
Here is the rest of the before and after pics.   Any questions, just let me know!

Offline Andrew4444

• Posting Member
Re: Dr. Pensler- Great Chicago Surgeon, Before and After pics
I did see one other Surgeon.  It was Dr. Brockman in the Kankakee area.  He was nice, but he wanted about 10,000.  So i just started to look around for another surgeon.  I got Dr. Penslers name from this site, and everyone that had went to him was very happy. So i set up the consultation to meet him and he was awesome. He really knows his stuff.

Offline DudeInChiTown

• Posting Member
What was his fee ball park if you dont mind..........Still saving im up 2 5k already............

Offline Andrew4444

• Posting Member
Well the consultation was 150 and he takes that off of the surgery price.  Then they need a 500.oo down payment to hold your surgery date.  But the final cost with everything is 5050.00

Offline WaitAMin

• Posting Member
interesting option  I have alot of friends and family in chicago as I lived there for years

Offline theprodikalson

• Posting Member
Great results man,  How long after what the picture you took?
Peace and Love

Offline UnquestionedAnswers

• Posting Member
Results look good man, you gotta be loving your new chest! Quick question... you said you were back at the gym in two weeks?? That seems very quick to me... was that light cardio training or actual weight training? Also - how long before you were able to start hitting upper body exercises @ the gym ( ie- back and bicep / chest / shoulders ) ?

- Drew

Offline Andrew4444

• Posting Member
Well the first photos (all of the before) were taken at my consultation, which was Oct. 14.  Then my surgery was on Oct. 29.  And then the after photos were taken on Dec. 5.    It was about a month after my surgery. 

Offline Andrew4444

• Posting Member
Yea it is crazy to not have a lump of tissue on each side of my chest.  It feels great. The first week i was just working out my legs and doing light cardio. The second week i was back to my normal workout. But of course i was not putting up as much as i was before surgery.  Im still working my way back to where i was.  But After the surgery i really wasnt in pain at all.  I stopped taking my meds the second day, and just waited a week to get back in the gym. anything else, just ask away.

Offline theprodikalson

• Posting Member
I just had my procedure done yesterday and I have this vest and bind on and they said i should wear it 24/7 for at least 2 weeks...
Did you have to do the same thing?

Offline Andrew4444

• Posting Member
Yea after my surgery i had to wear the vest for 72 hours. Then i could take it off to shower.  But i had to put it right back on.  Also i had to wear it for 1 month.  I really didnt think that the vest was that uncomfortable, but i was happy to not have to wear it anymore.

Offline Whitesox2005

• Posting Member
I know this is super late... did you have just glandular excision or both that and lipo. Also, how did the vest look under clothes? Scheduled consultation for Monday 1/9/17 but wouldn't want people at work to see the vest. I work an office job.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024