Author Topic: Vancouver once again/My story  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
I have been a skinnykid with saggy little boobies since I was 12 years old.  I've dealt with this most of my life and I'm sure that if you are reading this, you have too.  I am now 26.  It came to me one day that I have been depressed most of my adult life because of a problem that I have the ability to fix thanks to technology.  I want to get a surgery, but I need to find out about financing options under the bc medical plan.  I already have bad credit and do not have $3000 to $5000 dollars!  I have never told anyone about my fears, no-one until now.  I live with 5 male roomates and I am terrified of them discovering that I have had a surgery to remove my man boobs.  I have always felt that I should not be ashamed, and a real man would learn to love himself for what he his.  Well, when you find your life revolving around your depression, feelings change.
I know I must do this. :)

Offline 3timer

• Posting Member
  • Your gonna cut what off?
Hey Zardoz,
I read your post and relate to how you feel about this problem. I have hidden mine from everybody except my wife and kids. I have read other posts where people have said that you should just except what you have and that nobody notices.................what a bunch of bs!
For those who can do that I think thats great and shows courage but the majority of us have experienced the cruel teasing that accompanies this and thence we go into hiding. I can remember wrapping tensor bandages around my chest in order wear the mandatory t-shirts in gym class. Never went to pools or beaches with friends. Have turned down many opportunitys to relax in friends hot tubs, swimming with my kids at the beach, wearing shirts that were always too large, etc.....etc.
My point is that if it matters to you and is changing the way that you live then that is a problem. There is a corrective surgery available and if you really want it you will find a way. I see that you are from Vancouver and I am not sure of what is available there but if you want to fly to Toronto ( alot of cheap flights right now ) then I know that there are some cheaper options for correction. Dr. Fielding charged me $1284 for the lipo portion of my surgery and the rest was covered by health insurance. They will look after submitting all the proper paperwork. I believe that Quebec is the only province that this can not be done with as they do not have a reciprical billing agreement with the other provinces. I hope that you find a way to get some closure on this issue as I know exactly what you are going through.

Good Luck.......3timer

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
Yes, I have gone through everything you have gone through!  If it wasn't for the internet and people like you I would never had the courage.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 08:52:10 AM by Zardoz »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024