Author Topic: Legal woes...  (Read 6945 times)

Offline xelnaga13

I can understand moving on, however, by taking the plea I would want to check into what rights that would effect you in the future! If there is a felony charge you will lose the right to vote, own a gun, and more. I know that the cost to prove you are not at fault could be high but the plea could be higher in personal rights.

That being said, if it nothing more then a misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor, take it and run!

All the charges are misdemeanors... the best they can do is knock them down to summery charges. Summery charges don't wind up on your public record or in the news paper. It's basically like a bad speeding ticket.

hammer

Then take it and fly like the wind!

Offline xelnaga13

Just wanted to update everyone. I made an appt. with the public defenders office for early next month. I will let everyone know how thing progress.

Offline xelnaga13

Met with the public defender rep. today. He said that he's never seen anything like my case, and that it will likely be dismissed at the preliminary hearing. The meeting definitely removed a few pounds off my shoulders.

Ive def. absorbed a lesson I should have learned years ago. Negativity breeds negativity.

hammer

Good to hear.,

God Bless, hope all does go well!

Bob aka Hammer

Offline xelnaga13

UPDATE:

Just got back from my preliminary hearing. After a few rounds of negotiating the DA and police officer's final offer was 5 summary offenses and probation. Not having the stomach to put my parents through a lengthy legal process, I accepted.

It's going to mean some hefty fines and a handful of probation officer visits. But its worlds away from the possibility of getting locked up or having a record.

Back when I allegedly caused these problems I didn't have very much to look forward to everyday. It was easy for me to find trouble because I wasn't risking anything. Since then I have become very focused on bodybuilding and my job working with kid; both of which provide me with a sense of happiness and fulfillment.

hammer

I am glad to hear that this is behind you now!

You can knock the dust off of your boots and never look back, and someday they will need to answer to the Lord for the way that they miss treated you! Or who knows, sometimes things can come back and bit them in the ass real bad at another time and another place, but that could be the Lord doing his just reward too

When one door closes and another opens, and many times it can lead to better places!

Good luck, God Bless!

Bob aka Hammer

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Grandpa Dan

Offline xelnaga13

Thanks for the replies Bob an paa_paw ( dan?). It's really nice to see the lounge getting some regular attention these days.

hammer

No problem bro, hope that all is going well for you now! Life can be hell, so we must make the best of it!

God Bless,

Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024