Author Topic: folded/indented nipple- 3 years after surgery  (Read 2070 times)

Offline chuckman

• Posting Member
Doc-
I am 24, 6'2 and about 200 lbs. I had gyno surgery done about three years ago to both breast, and lipo as well. My left breast was a little larger than the other prior to surgery. I feel as if my plastic surgeon took more than needed out of the left one. 
It is not to severe but definitely noticeable.  I have tried stretching and working out and it wont budge. It doesn't look as bad when its cold or right after I work out, but it is still enough to make me uncomfortable and scared to take my shirt off, as people have noticed. 
What are my options at this point? I was told that I could be injected with something that might help temporarily, as surgery is not an option right now. Is there any other alternatives that could help? Breast shells? syringe? I do not think it is inverted, but that there is not enough tissue underneath to support it. I was depressed prior to surgery and even more now that I spent money on getting them fixed. Working almost makes it more noticeable as I'm building muscle around the area, causing it to sink in more.
Also would the plastic surgeon be obligated to do the corrective work for free? If not obligated, is it normal for them to do it free? As I believe he didn't do the procedure correctly to begin with. I have not seen him since 2 months post op, almost three years ago.
Thanks for the advice -

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I am sorry to hear that you did did not get the result you were hoping for. Based on your photos I understand your concerns. I will tell you that others will probably not notice the crease nearly anywhere as much as you think they will. Perhaps fat grafting might work but a good exam is needed. It is too bad that you did not return to your surgeon. He/she is certainly not obligated to do any corrective surgery for free, hopefully he/she will want to help as much as possible. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline chuckman

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply. Is there anything I can do without surgery? I have read about people using devices to stretch the nipple out, such as a syringe or the nipplet. Will something like this hell the areola as well? Would a small shot of Botox help? 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, but you have bilateral crater deformities due to excess tissue having been removed.  Without support from underneath, the nipple has nowhere to go so it infolds on itself.

There is absolutely no non-surgical treatment to help you -- the only answer would be secondary reconstructive surgery.  I have treated many men similar to you and my first approach would be with the use of fat flaps, not fat grafts.

Best to seek an opinion from a gyne expert in your area or consider traveling for such expertise.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024