Author Topic: Swelling After Surgery????  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Gynesaur

• Posting Member
I am 3 weeks post-op now and although my gyne is greatly improved, maybe 75%, I still have what my physician assistant says is swelling in the chest area. I was told this will subside in time and that by the third or 4th month is should be much flatter. Has this been the experience of others who underwent the procedure as well? Thanks...

-Gynesaur

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
Hey Gynesaur!

I had surgery with SDL as well.

I'm very puffy after a week, and I'm still experiencing soreness.  At this point, it doesn't look like much of an improvement.

Let's pray things shape out better.

:-/

Offline Gynesaur

• Posting Member
I'll keep you in my thoughts removethese. You had surgery with the same doc as I?

I really have to post some pics up soon to get some opinions...

-Gynesaur

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
I am 3 weeks post-op now and although my gyne is greatly improved, maybe 75%, I still have what my physician assistant says is swelling in the chest area. I was told this will subside in time and that by the third or 4th month is should be much flatter. Has this been the experience of others who underwent the procedure as well? Thanks...

-Gynesaur

I am in the same boat Gynesaur,
But am at 16 days post op. I would also like to know how much more swelling typically should go down?
If I can get even 20% more improvement I will be pretty happy.

DrBermant

-Gynesaur

How much swelling after surgery can depend on the original problem, surgical techniques, skill of your surgeon, aftercare, how you heal, and other factors.  I prefer techniques that minimize swelling.  However, more extensive sculpture tends to have more swelling.  Check out the typical swelling for my Male Mastopexy Internal Lift.  You can see many examples of different types of surgery and swelling on my site when you look for "healing" and "evolution" as part of the description in the navigation frame.

Posting standardized pictures can be helpful if you want others to see what you are talking about.  However, if you are concerned about your swelling, your doctor is the best for specific answers about what is going on.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Gynesaur

• Posting Member
Thank you Dr. Bermat for your insight. I will post standardized pics when I get a chance.

BTW-You were my first choice for this procedure but due to time,travel and work constraints, I had to have this done locally.

-Gynesaur

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024