Author Topic: Lipo only question  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Titswiggle

• Posting Member
I probably have grade 4 gyno but don’t really have a problem with the chest.  What I hate is the flappy fat that extends from the chest to the armpits. Is it possible to just get lipo on that area and tighten it up without having to remove the gland, etc?  Can you use lipo to shape the breast and add definition? 

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Pictures would be very helpful to see to properly advise you. It could be possible to only liposuction the breast roll area, but again I would need to see a photo to tell you for certain. As for using liposuction to shape and define the chest, my response is the same. There is the possibility though that liposuction could make the problem worse. It is a fat removal procedure, which can result in undesired skin laxity or worsening of existing skin laxity. 
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Titswiggle

• Posting Member
Dr. Cruise,

I've attached some pics showing the details of my chest.  I developed gynecomastia around 13 years old.  The nipples are soft when I push in on them.  I feel like there's a lot of breast tissue that goes from the chest around to my armpits.  Thanks for taking the time to look over my situation.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Not really sure why you would want to treat only the sides and leave the front breast enlarged. if you do so I think it will accentuate the appearance of the breast.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Titswiggle

• Posting Member
Thanks for the response, Dr Schuster.  I see your logic.  Let me ask you this:  with my level of gyne, would it be possible to fix it without having the long horizontal scars under each breast?  I don’t mind the nipple cuts but really don’t want the big scars.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Liposuction can be used to treat the fat on the side of the chest since there is not really any breast tissue there. i do not think that gynecomastia can be treated completely b liposuction alone in the vast majority of cases. Breast tissue is too thick and difficult to impossible to be removed with liposuction. all expert gynecomastia surgeons know that techniques that include liposuction and excision must be used most of the tie for the best results. Good luck.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have rather large gynecomastia and could get a significant improvement in the hands of an experienced gynecomastia surgeon who will use extensive liposuction and then excision of the remaining gland.  Your skin should tighten up reasonably well (this depends on your age, history of sun exposure, history of smoking, etc) so that you would not require a long incision in the fold under the breast.

Choose your surgeon carefully!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024