Author Topic: Chest in motion  (Read 2724 times)

Offline theguy

• Posting Member
For you guys who've had surgery, do your nipples look indented or abnormal when you lift your arms or move them around or flex your chest?  Can people tell you've had surgery?

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
it really doesn't have to do as much with how much you weigh, but more of how much was taken out and how good the surgeon was.  If you take out too much behind the nipple, it becomes a crater and indented.  My Nipples look normal and they were actually taken off and sewn back on.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The LHS has a slight concavity.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline theguy

• Posting Member
It's funny because no one ever talks about that aspect of surgery.  People view your body in motion, not in a snap shot.  I think this needs to be pointed out more.  I see people on these boards who have very, very minor gyn and they want surgery.  They may end up with something much more distant and "attention getting" then just puffy nipples.  Many people have puffy nipples.  Very few people get gyn surgery.  If you have indented nipples after surgery and you just had puffy nipples to begin with, you've got a bad trade off.  I think gynecomastia is probably best suited for men who actually have breasts, not just nipples a little larger than most.  If you go from a "C" cup to totally flat and maybe a little noticability from surgery, that's still a great deal.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

If you have indented nipples after surgery and you just had puffy nipples to begin with, you've got a bad trade off.

One of the 'risks' of surgery and the reason why you must have 'Realistic Expectations'... ;)

GB

Offline theguy

• Posting Member
I think that's true.  I'm just pointing this out to guys who have virtually no gyn and may be taking risks unneccesarily. I think your before and afters are fantastic.  I'm talking about guys with very little gyn who need to weigh the risks.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'm just pointing this out to guys who have virtually no gyn and may be taking risks unneccesarily. I'm talking about guys with very little gyn who need to weigh the risks.

Very good point dude. I have seen many a pic of guys who have very minor cases of gyne. Those are the guys who have to be reminded the they 'may' be worse off post-op.

Like you said... We have to weigh the risks!  ;)

GB

DrBermant

It's funny because no one ever talks about that aspect of surgery.  People view your body in motion, not in a snap shot.  I think this needs to be pointed out more.  I see people on these boards who have very, very minor gyn and they want surgery.  They may end up with something much more distant and "attention getting" then just puffy nipples.  Many people have puffy nipples.  Very few people get gyn surgery.  If you have indented nipples after surgery and you just had puffy nipples to begin with, you've got a bad trade off.  I think gynecomastia is probably best suited for men who actually have breasts, not just nipples a little larger than most.  If you go from a "C" cup to totally flat and maybe a little noticability from surgery, that's still a great deal.

There can be many different types of scars after surgery.  How someone moves is very important.  That is why I take pictures of muscles relaxed / tightened, arms up / down trying to show how tissues move.  Many deformities will show up on my Standardized Male Chest Photographs for Gynecomastia.  I developed these views many years ago to document problems before surgery and the quality of results after.  It is one thing to make a chest look good on a single view and in a cool room.  My patients are all documented in a warm room both with still images and movies. That is why I have many views for each patient to demonstrate the problem and what has been done.

If other views better show the deformity, I ask patients to include them for a remote evaluation.  However, the in office examination can show much more than what is seen in photographs.  What scars you get are a function of the original problem, surgical techniques, skill of your surgeon, aftercare, scar care, how you heal, and many other factors.  Scars do evolve over time.  Revision Gynecomastia Surgery is sometimes an option.  Options are best discussed with your surgeon or someone you see for a second opinion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Yeah, I definitely know that my expectations were a lot lower than someone with a mild case of gyne or puffy nipples.  I didn't care about scars, risks, or even death when I got my surgery.  It was all an acceptable risk.  I see some posts of guys who are worried about a little scar here or there and I just think, "if it a little scar is such a big deal, don't do it." 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024