Author Topic: finasteride  (Read 4729 times)

Offline need help

hi, i don't have gynecomastia but am thinking about taking finasteride for hair loss and i heard that it can cause gynecomastia is this true? do allor most men who take finasteride get gynecomastia?

Offline deftone

• Posting Member
Don't mess with it,bro.That's how i got my gyno.i took it cuz my hair seemed to be thinning a bit.My dermatologist didnt tell me that gynecomastia was a possible side effect.That pissed me off! He said any side effect i got would go away.Not true!Once you get gynecomastia,you realize that hair isn't important and that having man boobs sucks!Not all men get gynecomastia,but is it really worth the risk.I have to spend $7000 to get rid of this problem just because i took propecia!Take my advice and don't mess with your hormones!!!!!!!!!!

Offline need help

yea thats what i'm thinking i appreciate your advice as well, do you know if saw palmetto and topical dht blockers like revivogen can cause the same result?

i'm sorry i know this isn't a hair loss board but i'm really scared because i wan't to do something about my hair but i don't know the side effects of evrything

Offline deftone

• Posting Member
I'm not too educated on saw palmetto,but revivogen has it in its topical.I've used and it hasn't had side ffects because its natural.I've researched it and it has not been linked to gyno.Rogaine works okay if your hair has only been thinning for a short time,but i found some study on rogaine topical side effects and it stated breast sensation/enlargment in the study,but very rare.
Here's a statement:
Other adverse effects reported in individuals receiving topical minoxidil therapy but not attributed directly to the drug have included bronchitis,1 upper respiratory infection,1 transient dyspnea,31 sinusitis,1 diarrhea,1 nausea,1 vomiting,1 weight gain,1 lymphadenopathy,1 thrombocytopenia,1 ear infection,1 endocrine effects (e.g., breast enlargement),1 56 conjunctivitis,1 and visual disturbances such as decreased visual acuity.1

Here's that link: http://www.ashp.org/mngrphs/AHFS/a389003.htm

Offline need help

thanks deftone, is the revivogen working for your hair?

Offline deftone

• Posting Member
it worked at not so many hairs falling out.I stopped it and went to rogaine.I have no fallout now and improvenent is better.Rogaine seems to work on  fairly recent thinning hair.Its not gonna make your hair
really full before the fallout,but it does help.Twice a day applications for life ,though.Foam is easier to apply and doesn't make your head stink.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Finasteride is many orders of magnitude more powerful than herbals such as Saw Palmetto.

I used Saw Palmetto years ago for BPH without success. Then tried several different Medications some of which had side effects I had trouble with. Finding out what is right for you can be a challenge.

There are a number of young men who take Finasteride without ill effects. But, we hear from a lot who have had a bad experience.

With each prescription I have filled, I get a printout that lists possible drug interactions,  side effects, signs of overdosage, etc.  I Always carefully read this information. it is an important part of being an informed consumer.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024