Author Topic: Transgender But Not Transitioning  (Read 4696 times)

Offline 42CSurprise!

Needless to say, coming to terms with the reality we have breasts growing on our chests invariably raises questions about gender.  It is estrogen, the hormone that controls female development that is playing with our systems as well.  We may have had more testosterone than women but we have all likely had more estrogen than the boys who were running track and field when we were teens.  I've mentioned the fact I occasionally visit websites devoted to crossdressing and noted there are many more men playing there than visit the acceptance side of this website.  I believe I mentioned the question asked of participants... "how many are in law enforcement and wear panties beneath their uniforms" and ten men said they did.  Think about that one the next time you're pulled over by a policeman while YOU'RE wearing your favorite brassiere.

One website had sub-forums for men seeking to transition and another for non-binary folks.  I read that forum with interest and concluded that it describes who I am.  Like many here, I recognize myself to be a man but with gender fluidity supported by the hormonal stew that creates breasts and softens my outlook on life.  I have no interest in transitioning to become a woman, yet to say I'm a man is to miss what is happening.  That led me to this thread.  I am in fact transgendered.  I often talk about gender being on a continuum with the balance between testosterone and estrogen determining exactly where each of us is on that continuum.  My rather voluptuous breasts are saying... you are really closer to the feminine side which leads me to think of myself as transgendered.  To say I'm a man with breasts simply misses the point.  I'm transgendered with breasts and male genitalia.  This is what acceptance means for me.  How I live from that place is the open question.  Perhaps it is exactly as I'm doing it right now... indulging my femininity here and presenting myself as man to the world.  Nothing wrong with doing it in whatever way feels good to us.  That is what acceptance is all about.

Offline Charli 💕

• Bronze Member
I have always read your posts and to be honest I wondered if this was not in your future. I am happy you are finding the truth that is within you and you seem to be comfortable with your decision. It takes courage to step up and tell the world who you are on the inside! It can be such a relief to say it out loud and you have done that and I commend you for sharing something deeply personal. I don't think you are alone here in this forum. I see many others that are quietly evaluating their lives, I know I have been. I recently discovered a name for how I am on the inside, Trigendered! It has taken me many years to get here, but here I am! I am both male and female which leads to what is really a third person within me. For years I thought I was transgendered only to learn I am just different than most people.

Not that you need anything from me, but I want you to know I support you 100%! If I can be of any help just ask, I'll do anything I can to make this as easy as I Can for you. Sometimes just an ear to listen is all someone needs.

Just be yourself.

Sandy

Offline taxmapper

So much to digest and speak on. 

My personal experience is being explained in another way through my study of philosophy and esoteric history.

THIS ISNT NEW,!!

Honestly to get to that point especially today is another milestone to checkoff. Coolness, good luck! 

I too am now at about 40-60% women’s clothing only, and I am seeing physical changes indicated a more feminine feel.  

I also explore the concepts of energy and soul aspects and feel a definite change overall. 

The effects IDK myself, but oddly enough I welcome it and embrace the change.

Offline 42CSurprise!

Wherever the path takes each of us and we definitely each have our own very personal journey to pursue, it is comforting to have a place where such things can be talked about.  Yes, we come here because having breasts led someone to conclude it was an issue warranting a medical diagnosis and we're concerned there is something wrong which might be corrected if we cut them off.  The Acceptance side of this website exists simply because not everyone buys into the notion that surgery will solve the problem... simply because it isn't actually a problem requiring medical intervention.  We know that simply because medical insurance won't pay for the operation, having concluded that having breasts does not pose a risk to our health.

And so we explore what acceptance might look like and experiment with brassieres both for comfort but also as an effective expression of our blossoming femininity.  Estrogen will do that to a fellow, even as it has done to women forever.

I found this piece on what it is to be "transgender."  It works for me...

What does transgender mean?

Transgender is an umbrella term that people frequently shorten to trans. The LGBTQIA Resource Center state that if a person identifies as transgender, their gender identity differs from the traditional expectations of the sex that a doctor assigns someone at birth.  For example, transgender may refer to a person whom a doctor assigned as male at birth, but that person identifies as female, and vice versa. However, transgender does not always refer to the binary transition between male and female.  Some people may refer to themselves as transgender as they identify with a gender that is neither male nor female, a mix of the two, or someone whose identity changes from male to female at different points.  Some other genders that fall under the transgender umbrella include non-binary, genderqueer, genderfluid, no gender, or multiple genders.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/transgender-vs-transexual#transgender

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Wherever the path takes each of us and we definitely each have our own very personal journey to pursue, it is comforting to have a place where such things can be talked about.  Yes, we come here because having breasts led someone to conclude it was an issue warranting a medical diagnosis and we're concerned there is something wrong which might be corrected if we cut them off.  The Acceptance side of this website exists simply because not everyone buys into the notion that surgery will solve the problem... simply because it isn't actually a problem requiring medical intervention.  We know that simply because medical insurance won't pay for the operation, having concluded that having breasts does not pose a risk to our health.

And so we explore what acceptance might look like and experiment with brassieres both for comfort but also as an effective expression of our blossoming femininity.  Estrogen will do that to a fellow, even as it has done to women forever.

I found this piece on what it is to be "transgender."  It works for me...

What does transgender mean?

Transgender is an umbrella term that people frequently shorten to trans. The LGBTQIA Resource Center state that if a person identifies as transgender, their gender identity differs from the traditional expectations of the sex that a doctor assigns someone at birth.  For example, transgender may refer to a person whom a doctor assigned as male at birth, but that person identifies as female, and vice versa. However, transgender does not always refer to the binary transition between male and female.  Some people may refer to themselves as transgender as they identify with a gender that is neither male nor female, a mix of the two, or someone whose identity changes from male to female at different points.  Some other genders that fall under the transgender umbrella include non-binary, genderqueer, genderfluid, no gender, or multiple genders.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/transgender-vs-transexual#transgender
Yes, each one of us will find our own "comfort zone", and for many of us that will be "somewhere under the rainbow".
How and where that is should be personal. 😉
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline gotgyne

I often talk about gender being on a continuum with the balance between testosterone and estrogen determining exactly where each of us is on that continuum.  My rather voluptuous breasts are saying... you are really closer to the feminine side which leads me to think of myself as transgendered.  To say I'm a man with breasts simply misses the point.  I'm transgendered with breasts and male genitalia.  This is what acceptance means for me.  How I live from that place is the open question.  Perhaps it is exactly as I'm doing it right now... indulging my femininity here and presenting myself as man to the world.  Nothing wrong with doing it in whatever way feels good to us.  That is what acceptance is all about.
I have similar feelings and can understand this.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Justagirl💃

This potholder I knitted especially for the month of June. 😉

Offline 42CSurprise!

Showoff!  You're staking your claim to a place very close to the female end of the continuum JaG, which makes perfect sense.  You really are a homemaker... knitting, sewing, cooking.  And now you're dressing the part.  Love it.  You are truly being yourself.  That is what all of us are aspiring to do...

Offline Justagirl💃

Showoff!  You're staking your claim to a place very close to the female end of the continuum JaG, which makes perfect sense.  You really are a homemaker... knitting, sewing, cooking.  And now you're dressing the part.  Love it.  You are truly being yourself.  That is what all of us are aspiring to do...
💖💃💖

Offline taxmapper

Had a dream the other day, 9fourth in two weeks) where I was fully female. 

Its weird to think that somehow I am seeing myself as fully female and yet wake up to being an old ugly male. 

Offline Justagirl💃

Had a dream the other day, 9fourth in two weeks) where I was fully female.

Its weird to think that somehow I am seeing myself as fully female and yet wake up to being an old ugly male.
I'm not sure how common that is our not, but I had those dreams all my life. 🤔

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
I used to have empathy for women when the complained about their mammogram visit

I got a lot of laughs from some female friends when I said I no longer feel empathy only sympathy after my first one last month 

I too am experiencing many new feelings and emotions on a level I am not familiar with 
Regards, Bob

Offline Justagirl💃

I too am experiencing many new feelings and emotions on a level I am not familiar with
The estrogen highway can be quite fun. 

It's kind of like taking a long road trip when you were a kid. If you concentrated on the fact that you "had to go" on the trip it was irritating. 
But when you "got into" the trip checking out all the sights and scenery along the way, it becomes quite enjoyable. 

Just remember that there are many destinations along the route, and you are not obligated to any one of them. 😉

Birdie💞

Offline Charli 💕

• Bronze Member

It's kind of like taking a long road trip when you were a kid. If you concentrated on the fact that you "had to go" on the trip it was irritating.
But when you "got into" the trip checking out all the sights and scenery along the way, it becomes quite enjoyable.

Just remember that there are many destinations along the route, and you are not obligated to any one of them. 😉

Birdie💞
I'm still at the "Are we there yet?" ;D

Offline Justagirl💃

It's kind of like taking a long road trip when you were a kid. If you concentrated on the fact that you "had to go" on the trip it was irritating.

Birdie💞
I'm still at the "Are we there yet?" ;D
I found the off ramp! 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024