Author Topic: anybody using Turmeric/Curcumin supplements to treat Gyne? What dosage?  (Read 11886 times)

Offline Joey101

• Posting Member
I thought I'd give Turmeric a shot, because some claim that it can help with gynecomastia. Does anyone here take it, and at what dosage?

I've bought some Turmeric root capsules 400mg and the recommended dose is twice daily, but after doing some research I've read that you only (possibly) get benefits from taking higher amounts.

I've also read that it's better to take the active ingredient Curcumin alone, rather than Turmeric itself.

Can anyone here advise on the best way to take turmeric and which to buy etc..?

thanks

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It has been a long time since I last heard about this "remedy." But it does come up from time to time.

The herbals are harmless as far as I know, and also ineffective. You could find a better way to spend your money.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Joey101

• Posting Member
well I've bought the turmeric now so I might as well take it. I'll try anything because the gyne is really getting me down  :-[

Offline MSJ108

good luck with that man. id be surprised if it worked. not sure on dosage. should be able to find it on bottle or via google searches.

Offline Joey101

• Posting Member
according to this page:

• Herb Treatment: Many people have used turmeric root as a cure for gynecomastia. Varying degrees of success have been reported. Some users have seen the effects diminish completely while others have simply reported a reduction in pain and soreness. There are no scientific studies available to document the effects of turmeric root on gynecomastia, however, it is probably the least evasive and least expensive treatment option. The recommended dosage is at least 20 grams of grated turmeric root per day for at least 30 days.

http://www.illpumpyouup.com/articles/gynecomastia-what-are-your-options.htm

oh well, it probably won't work.

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
I view these remedies like i view wrinkle reducing creams for women.  Although they may help, there is no substitute for surgery.  Good luck though.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
any benefit from these herbal supps will be so small as to not even be noticable...

"statistically insignificant" in terms of reduction

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I took the jump line and checked what they had to say, It was refreshingly honest. They pointed out that some Dr.s were prescribing anti-estrogen drugs and they listed the Herbal remedies. In each case they also pointed out that while there have been reports of success, There has been no objective study and thus no proof that any of these things actually work. The evidence cited by the people who sell these "Cures" consists only of Claims and stories which are not authenticated. I think a person would have a better chance at winning the lottery, At least some few will actually win.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024