Author Topic: Puffy Nipple/Areola When Warm (See Picture)  (Read 27078 times)

Offline PleaseHelp

Hi Guys

Great to see this forum exists and there are people willing to help guide people in the write direction.

A brief history of what's happened to date

I have always been athletically built and love going swimming etc but has always been potentially embarrassing, Thats if I can not get to some water to cool off the areola area quick enough. Since my teens I have always had a problem with puffy areola areas on both pectorals getting large. This happens when my body temperature rises due to warm weather etc. There is no solid area underneath it and when they are cold they look perfectly normal. This seems to be not to do with any excess breast tissue or gland problem only the areola area getting puffy.

I decided to get plastic surgery done and looks like the surgeon has stuffed everything up. He decided to do lypo with a sharp surgical tool to dig away some minor fat and tissue from he areola from a entry point about 3 cm from it. As a result on one pectoral under the areola I have a large lump of scar tissue making the puffy areola look alot worse and nothing has changed except I have a more puffy freaky left areola to be conscious off.

I have decided to see another plastic surgeon and he said that it was wrong to do any surgery at all. He has seen cases like mine before but there is nothing that can be done. This is because the nerves and muscles associated with the areola are reacting to the heat/stimulation, if he were to cut these nerves/muscles they could permanently relax and you will be left with permanently large areola.

I have been told that this large lump causing the left areola to be more prominent may reduce in size over the next 6 months, but if it does not they will have to cut it out........I wish now I had nothing done at all !......this has became a nightmare.

Does anyone have any surgery solutions to this puffy areola problem it seems its just the luck of the plastic surgeon you see on what advice you get and best to get multiple opinion before you go ahead with any surgery.

please see pic below of the puffy areola problem I have......(I had recently got out from a hot shower and it can get bigger than that in warmer conditions).....but when im cold looks pretty much like a normal guys nipple/areola.....hard to believe I know

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:10:59 PM by PleaseHelp »

DrBermant

Hi Guys

Great to see this forum exists and there are people willing to help guide people in the write direction.

A brief history of what's happened to date

I have always been athletically built and love going swimming etc but has always been potentially embarrassing, Thats if I can not get to some water to cool off the areola area quick enough. Since my teens I have always had a problem with puffy areola areas on both pectorals getting large. This happens when my body temperature rises due to warm weather etc. There is no solid area underneath it and when they are cold they look perfectly normal. This seems to be not to do with any excess breast tissue or gland problem only the areola area getting puffy.

I decided to get plastic surgery done and looks like the surgeon has stuffed everything up. He decided to do lypo with a sharp surgical tool to dig away some minor fat and tissue from he areola from a entry point about 3 cm from it. As a result on one pectoral under the areola I have a large lump of scar tissue making the puffy areola look alot worse and nothing has changed except I have a more puffy freaky left areola to be conscious off.

I have decided to see another plastic surgeon and he said that it was wrong to do any surgery at all. He has seen cases like mine before but there is nothing that can be done. This is because the nerves and muscles associated with the areola are reacting to the heat/stimulation, if he were to cut these nerves/muscles they could permanently relax and you will be left with permanently large areola.

I have been told that this large lump causing the left areola to be more prominent may reduce in size over the next 6 months, but if it does not they will have to cut it out........I wish now I had nothing done at all !......this has became a nightmare.

Does anyone have any surgery solutions to this puffy areola problem it seems its just the luck of the plastic surgeon you see on what advice you get and best to get multiple opinion before you go ahead with any surgery.

please see pic below of the puffy areola problem I have......(I had recently got out from a hot shower and it can get bigger than that in warmer conditions).....but when im cold looks pretty much like a normal guys nipple/areola.....hard to believe I know

(trying to work out how to post image ...will get one posted soon)

I see many patients unhappy with residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia Complication after surgery done elsewhere. So many that I actually named the condition and created resources explaining my findings for this problem. Check out the posts here about a similar issue of projecting nipples after surgery:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21491.msg145526;topicseen#msg145526

This is an art form. Not all surgeons have the same skills. Check before and after surgery pictures and better yet movies to understand just how well a surgeon sculpts this problem. In particular look how the tissue moves after surgery. Flexing muscles and animation tend to show fine problems. A warm room is critical for the evaluation and documentation of some subtle contour problems. As you have found out, cold can hide deformity. There is a thin muscle just under the areola that when relaxed, let puffy nipple show. When flexed, it can hide some deformities.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline PleaseHelp

Hi Michael

Thanks for the quick reply......are you saying this can be fixed or possible reduced in appearance by a alternative surgical procedure?...If so can you be more specific?

If so what is the name given to my specific problem I have?....and who would you recommend to see about it?....Im willing to travel overseas but I live in Australia.

Thank you for your help.

DrBermant

Hi Michael

Thanks for the quick reply......are you saying this can be fixed or possible reduced in appearance by a alternative surgical procedure?...If so can you be more specific?

If so what is the name given to my specific problem I have?....and who would you recommend to see about it?....Im willing to travel overseas but I live in Australia.

Thank you for your help.

Yes, check the link in my last post. The linked thread has resources demonstrating the problem, analysis, and solution. Options depends on the specific form of this Puffy Nipple Complication.

I have solved many such deformities. To validate if other surgeons' proposed solutions work, look for the before and after pictures and videos of the examples of their work using such techniques. This is surgical sculpture and words are not enough to demonstrate the problem nor skill at resolving the problem of residual puffy nipple complication after gynecomastia surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
(804) 748-7737

Offline PleaseHelp

Thanks for all the information.

I am wondering though If there is a plastic surgeon in Australia who can help me. Ideally who is experienced in this area and knows how to solve my problem.

thanks

DrBermant

Thanks for all the information.

I am wondering though If there is a plastic surgeon in Australia who can help me. Ideally who is experienced in this area and knows how to solve my problem.

thanks

I have posted before how to pick a plastic surgeon for gynecomastia surgery here on this forum:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

In short you need to see examples of their work for the specific type of gynecomastia deformity. Otherwise you are gambling on a doctor for the surgery. Check out this other patient asking about help from Australia:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21357.msg145137;topicseen#msg145137

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
(804) 748-7737

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024