Author Topic: How long is basic recovery with Karidis  (Read 2968 times)

Offline sortingit

Hi - New here and have never posted on this subject anywhere. I am a 29 year old man and have a slim physique but suffer from puffy nipples.

Its taken me this long to do anything about it and its something I am going to do on my own. Have booked my appointment for next month and have no problems with doing this alone, just really wanted to know two things.

Firstly - I intend to get the train home - a fairly simple journey on the day - was warned i should get someone to pick me up due to the anaesthetic that given on the day but i figure it can't be too hard to take a couple of short train trips home - anyone had the experience? where you fairly ok later that day?

Secondly - and I know this sounds trivial - but i realised that I have a prior engagement on the Monday after (surgery booked for a saturday). I will be resting all day then simply going to watch a gig sitting down in a posh seat then off home - short train journey.

Its a small thing I know, but i'm strange about this - i have no huge issues about this but I don't like to talk about it much and I don't intend to tell ANYONE i'm doing it as I have a good opportunity to get it done now without work for a bit - I just want to know if these things are realistic because I would like to keep this to myself and I'd rather not rouse suspicion.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Offline 76ertia

• Posting Member
Yeah, you'll be fine to take the train home after the surgery. You get used to the discomfort after the first half hour back in your room in the hospital.
And you'll also be fine to go to your concert the following Monday, just take it easy. You shouldn't drink alcohol for a week after the operation either. When I was 2 days post-op I was actually suffering from stomach pains and constipation- I think as a side-affect of the pain killers, but that's not to say you'll be the same.
Good luck, and be confident that Karidis is a great surgeon and really seems skilled in fixing puffy nipples.

Offline sortingit

Thanks man - i really appreciate you letting me know - like i say its not something i ever talk about really, so its good that there's someone i can ask

Cheers ;)

Offline Toby1971

• Posting Member
I suppose it will depend on the individual. For what it's worth I had surgery with Karidis in December alone. I am fairly small, thin, healthy non smoker. Got a taxi to my hotel afterwards. Felt fine if not a little restricted due to the compression vest. Flew back home the next day. No pain issues really. Had a fairly light bag with me, which was OK to carry on my shoulder. Think I could have managed a short train journey afterwards on the same day.

I actually found the whole experience & recovery a lot easier than I anticipated. But as I say everyone is different.

Will post up pics at some point.

Offline sortingit

Thanks for this advice guys.

FYI I had surgery at 8.30am on the Saturday and was on the train home (only through london) by 4.30 pm. As many others have written, everyone was remarkably nice, all went smooth as and I woke up in time to eat some decent food and watch Eduardo break his leg on sky (not so nice) from my room.

Went to the gig on the monday without an issue and have had minimal pain since - never did take a painkiller.

I'm 18 days in now and pretty sure things are good - I have some concerns but based on everything i've read i think that i need to be a good four weeks in until i'm near knowing how things might look. Went to the gym yesterday however and did a light work out even including bench.

That said, I'm just the sort of idiot who launches into things too quickly like that, so its not a recommendation, just what i've done really.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Glad to hear you had a good experience with Karidis. I have a consultation with him tomorrow so hopefully all will go well and I will get a surgery date.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024