Author Topic: YES!!!!!!!  (Read 4159 times)

Offline rage.against.the.machine

• Bronze Member
Just had a consultation today with a Doctor in my hometown, London, Ontario.  He talked to me about gyne after taking a look at my chest, saying things that I had mostly found out about in the research I did.  He was very proffessional and I am so glad I had the appointment.  I have scheduled my surgery a couple days before the march break so that I can use that week to recover and hopefully be feeling way better by the time school rolls around!!!!!  I AM SOOOO GLAD@!!@!@  and also, a sweet bonus, because I'm 17 (under 18) I am covered and I don't have to pay a penny for the operation!!!!!!!!!  Another plus is that my case is pretty mild, so I should be fine after the op. :):):):):)

I would like to thank my family, gynecomastia.org and my under armour compression shirt for all of the support :P

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Congrats on everything. It seems you got real lucky. Your family know you're getting surgery?
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats dude....  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

• Bronze Member
Congrats on everything. It seems you got real lucky. Your family know you're getting surgery?

yep, my mom came with me to the consultation

It helps to talk to people about it :P

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
hey, congrats with everything.. are you getting the surgery done in london too i take it? thats where im getting mine done.. do you know your docs name?

Offline monsterclean

• Bronze Member
Yes, I am also interested in knowing where you are getting this done in London and the name of the surgeon.

Please provide more information as I am in the same boat as you.

• Bronze Member
id rather not say my docs name, to stay anonymous, ask your family doctor to point you in the right direction and get u a conceltation

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
oh.. i wasnt trying to your doc ;)

i just had my surgery last thursday so i was just curious if it might have been the same person

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Rage,

If you have had a good experience with a doc, and someone in your area would benefit from a consultation with him/her, you should share the doc's name.  That's what this forum is all about.  Don't worry about anonymity - it's not like the doc is going to tell anyone you came in - that's all confidential.  No one will know who you are.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Dr. Pope is right!  You have nothing to worry about.  Who was your doc?  We are here to help eachother, not hide from eachother.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm curious now also!  I mean, sure, we have to respect the wishes/rights of others, but what's the big deal here? As Dr. Pope mentioned, it's all confidential dude...

GB

Offline mc88

• Posting Member
I'm also in the same boat. Although I'm older than 18 so I would have to pay.
I would also like to know the name of your doctor. And any other info you could give me! Thanks.

• Bronze Member
Kk, the doctor's name is Dr Girvan, and he also is the one who did my surgery when I was young for a hernia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024