Author Topic: Seeing GP first?  (Read 1683 times)

Offline vo_ktm

• Posting Member
Hi, just wondering if I have to see my GP first if I want to have surgery? I was thinking of contacting Dr. Fielding but I don't know if he would suggest I see my GP before coming to him. Thanks.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You don't need to see your GP first dude...

JCF will take you without a referral/prior GP visit. When you call his office to arrange a consult, make sure you say that you want to see the doc regarding Gynecomastia. If you don't, Leslie (JCF's secretary) will require a referral...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
My PS told me it's a good idea to let my GP know that I'm having surgery. I'm sure there's good reasons for this!

Your GP will be able to see your medical record and might have reasons as to why surgery might not be a good idea. He/she might also send you for a blood workup to see whether your gyne is caused by a hormone imbalance, which is good to know as if this is the case there's nothing to say that your gyne won't resurface after surgery!

That said, you don't HAVE to tell your GP. If you're comfortable doing so, then go for it, as it's probably a good idea! :)
Had surgery with Dr. Karidis (London, UK) on 23rd July. Wearing tight t-shirts and looking forward to going swimming!

My experience so far & updates:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18200.msg126755#msg126755

Pictures:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18539.msg127741#msg127741

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah, it may be advantageous to see your GP prior to seeing JCF, but not absolutely necessary...

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024