Author Topic: Just Had Surgery... but my vest??  (Read 2194 times)

Offline FatLuke_Nofx

• Posting Member
I had surgery yesterday and all went well. IV went in, I was knocked out seconds later. Woke up to shots of morphine being pumped into me. Needless to say I was uncoherient. I spent the night in the short stay since I was out of town, and the next morning Dr. Fielding's "co-doctor" checked me out very quickly, touched my chest a little and said I was good to go.

I have no pain, tissue is soft no signifcant swelling everything seems just fine, BUT, my left side of my vest have a huge scabby pool of dried blood at the bottom of the sponge part. Im sure it dripped out after surgery and through the night, and its not wet or dripping any more.

Has this happened to you guys? I have to keep it there for 7 days and it doesnt bother me, so should i just leave it be?

How did you guys cope with the vest on the first week? and then what after?

What about the antispation to see the results, im going nuts- I want to see and until I do Im just so nervous!!!

Offline FatLuke_Nofx

• Posting Member
Let me be a little more specific: Its now the 2nd morning after surgery, I had surgery on wed, now its fri. I Noticed the dried scabby blood area while I was in the hospital on wed, it is fully dried and hasn't done anything uncomfortable or weird. The doctor checked me out, said I was good, but didn't see the pool, and I was to doped up to tell him to look. But, it is and has been dried ever since ive been home, no drainage no swelling nothing bad.

Offline lighting506

• Posting Member
I had the same thing. A small part of the initial bandages got pushed out of the compression vest on the first 2 days and left a small pool of dried blood on the vest. Still didn't clean the best, don't really mind.

As long as it's dried blood, it's fine.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah, should be okay...  Don't worry about it dude...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024