Author Topic: Boobfree thanks to Dr. Lista!  (Read 6846 times)

Offline boobfree

A moment of silence....I lost my man boobs thanks to Dr. Lista.  They’re real small and they are spectacular!  It’s just been 3 and a half weeks since the surgery but already I believe we are at the 80% improvement Dr. Lista projected.  All the staff, from reception to my co-ordinator to the nurses were caring, professional, very competent, exuded confidence and genuinely enjoyed their work.  The wait was just a few minutes for the surgery appointment, no waiting for my follow up appointment a week later, and 15 minutes for my initial consultation. 

I took a week and a half off work to fully recuperate but things went so well, I felt I could actually have returned to work after a few days.  There was far less bruising then I had feared and hardly any swelling.  There was actually more discomfort after the 1st week wearing that damn vest and pads day in day out.  I’m sure after I get back to a regular workout and running routine, I could be looking forward to a 110% improvement!  The area around my nipples is a little off, which I assume is to be expected.  Yes, I’m sure he removed glandular tissue.  Someone posted Dr. Lista only did lipo.  I believe my quick recovery had much to do with the prep work, Dr. Lista’s unique surgical technique, which avoids cutting into the nipple, along with the stress free environment of his plastic surgery clinic. 

I was given anti-inflammation medicine along with pain pills before surgery and was provided with my prescription, which included anti-nausea pills to take home with me.  A PSW drove me home and stayed with me for a few hours.  I had a hydrocele procedure at a public hospital where I was given nothing for the exception of a prescription for me to pick up-After my surgery.  I was also given a special soap to prep for the surgery-Not the case at the public hospital.  I was also given more than sufficient time to recover from my surgery-Not the case at the public hospital.  They want to ship you out right away to make room for the next assembly line victim.  I had to wait over 4 hours for the hydrocele and during that wait I could over hear many of the hospital staff complaining about work.  My hydrocele surgery did not go well thanks to contracting a bug from the hospital, which required me to go on antibiotics and special pain care. 

The only complaint I have is the location of Dr. Lista’s clinic-Mississauga home of a 1,000,000 strip malls!  5 stars all the way!  If only public health care could emulate the professionalism and care of his clinic.

Like many who have posted here, I too experienced much humiliation by classmates during high school and believe it or not, this also carried forward to my adult life at work and with women-Though to a far lesser extent.  Obviously, there is a lot of ignorance about gynecomastia-So much so, the word isn’t even part of my Microsoft spell check!  I was never seriously overweight.  It didn’t matter how much I worked out or how much I weighed, I looked the same proportionately wise and the only way to improve my appearance was through surgery.  I had a family doctor decades ago and gym teacher who suggested working out was the resolution.  Get real; it’s not going to help unless you’re grossly overweight.

Nobody realized this was not my fault, it had nothing to do with me just bad luck with nature or genes or whatever.  I was going to have the surgery when I was in my early 20s, and then chickened out, decades went by, and I finally had the surgery in middle age.  Hopefully, I’ll find somebody who will be attracted to me now.  I thought I only had a medium case of gyno but even a medium case was unacceptable to many of the women I dated if you interviewed them.   Oddly, I never judged anybody else about their bosom shape the way I was judged.  I felt like I had a criminal record, heroine addiction, or some weird personality disorder.  I would encourage anyone suffering with this to see a plastic surgeon, who will be able to determine in 30 seconds whether surgery is the only answer.   Sadly, no family doctor I had ever recommended plastic surgery.

It’s great to wear any shirt or light sweater and feel and look normal!  The surgery also had an unexpected benefit...I had my hair cut recently and my barber thought I had been jogging a lot more and lost weight!  I took the vest off to have my hair cut, so he couldn’t notice.  My neighbour looked at me funny as well trying to figure out what happened!

I’m hoping Dr. Lista will allow me to start working out when we meet a week from now.  For anybody out there suffering, don’t be afraid to have the surgery.  For me the only real pain was in the wallet: $6,667 but worth every $.  It’s removed a lot of stress out of my life and it’ll all be gone once I can stop wearing the vest, which doesn’t look noticeable depending on what shirt you wear.   It is a little uncomfortable to sleep in-So much so I have often woke up at 4 in the morning to go to the washroom and then removed it to get back to sleep. 

Again, I highly recommend Dr. Lista along with his team.  He does so many of these surgeries; he could probably perform the operation blindfolded after quaffing down a bottle of Amarone!

Offline Chadly

• Posting Member
Thanks for sharing your experience with  Dr.Lista. I'm having my surgery done by him on Sept 23rd. This board has helped me with this whole process. Glad to hear your happy with them which makes me feel more comfortable.

Offline gynoboy88

• Posting Member
Thanks for sharing your experience with  Dr.Lista. I'm having my surgery done by him on Sept 23rd. This board has helped me with this whole process. Glad to hear your happy with them which makes me feel more comfortable.

You won't regret it my friend.

I was happy with how it looked at 1 month post-op, and now I'm about 2 months post-op and amazed that it looks even BETTER now! Dr. L is a gifted surgeon, a pioneer in the field, and does hundreds of gyno surgeries a year, you shouldn't feel uncomfortable at all!

Offline Chadly

• Posting Member
 Just wondering how long it took for your incisions to heal up to the point that they weren't noticeable? Thanks again!

Offline gynoboy88

• Posting Member
Just wondering how long it took for your incisions to heal up to the point that they weren't noticeable? Thanks again!

Once the stitches dissolved, the tiny incision areas has remained slightly discoloured as it heals. If you look very *VERY* closely you can still see it a little bit, but it's not really noticeable. I was paranoid about it and they're not visible enough to bother me so I wouldn't worry.  You really have to be looking for it to see it lol.

By the way, I don't know what your nipples are like but mine were huge and puffy.  Now they are flat and literally (no exaggeration) half the size they were before. I'm thrilled! 

Offline Chadly

• Posting Member
 I'm very glad you are happy with your results. My nipples are puffy too so I hope it helps me with that issue. Less than two weeks to go now. Can't wait to feel better about my issue. Thanks again

Offline boobfree

Met with Dr. Lista yesterday for about 60 seconds and received great news!  I don’t have to wear the vest anymore!  He encouraged me to keep massaging my chest area 3 times a day for 5 minutes each session.  I try to do it before work in the morning but my schedule is too tight-So I squeeze it in going to the washroom at work.

I’m not 100% yet but Dr. Lista told me if I keep up the massaging it will flatten out even more.  The scars are still visible but look like they should disappear in a month.  He also gave me the thumbs up to start running again and working out.  I run 2 and a half miles about 4 times a week and also walk a lot.

The surgery removed a lot of stress out of my life and removing the vest is a big relief comfort wise.  Oddly, 2 women who work beside me were reminiscing about a former co-worker today and his man boobs!   Given both are overweight, I was surprised at all the comments.  I chimed in that boobs were a sensitive subject and that cows are an underappreciated farm animal-Given we squeeze their nipples every morning for milk, cream, ice cream, and cheese!

Anyway, I hope I will be at 110% when I see Dr. Lista again in 4 months.  Once again, I can’t say enough positive things about his staff and the whole experience.  And by the way, the wait to see him was under a minute!    Good luck on your surgery.

Offline Chadly

• Posting Member
 Hi Boobfree, did Dr.Lista give you the okay to stop wearing your vest at the 1 month check up? I have 9 days to go now till surgery and getting excited. Hoping I don't have to wear the vest the full 6 weeks but I guess time will tell.

Offline boobfree

Hi there, yes, it was a tad over a month and he told me to disregard the vest.  Out of habit, I actually began to put it back on when he left the room!  I assume I healed well or perhaps it was because I just had a medium case.  I’m so happy I finally got this done!

Offline Chadly

• Posting Member
 Surgery on Monday with Dr. Lista, I'll let u guys know how things go!

Offline Chadly

• Posting Member
 Hi, just had my surgery today with Dr.Lista and they told me everything went well. I'm now back resting at the hotel and will have my follow up appointment tomorrow morning before I head home. The nurse told me they removed 5 grams of granular tissue per side not counting the liposuction. Can anyone tell me if 5 grams of granular tissue is a lot or not? So far this has been a very comfortable process and the staff were very good. Hoping everything goes well tomorrow before I go home. If anyone can get back to me about my question concerning the 5 grams of granular tissue that would be great! Thanks
Chadly

Offline gynoboy88

• Posting Member
Hi, just had my surgery today with Dr.Lista and they told me everything went well. I'm now back resting at the hotel and will have my follow up appointment tomorrow morning before I head home. The nurse told me they removed 5 grams of granular tissue per side not counting the liposuction. Can anyone tell me if 5 grams of granular tissue is a lot or not? So far this has been a very comfortable process and the staff were very good. Hoping everything goes well tomorrow before I go home. If anyone can get back to me about my question concerning the 5 grams of granular tissue that would be great! Thanks
Chadly

Congratulations!

5 grams is not a lot.  I had 3 times as much (if I recall correctly I think I had 15 grams each). And when I asked Dr. L if I had a "bad case" he said "not really" lol so I'm guessing yours is very mild by his standards.

I'm interested how much lipo he did?  I think I had roughly 900cc per side. The nurse said I had a lot! Ask the Nurse tomorrow and she'll tell you if you're interested.

Again, congrats on getting it done! Now stay diligent with the vest and you'll have great results.

Offline Chadly

• Posting Member
Thanks! I'll ask tomorrow about how much lipo was taken. They gave me the extra padding under my vest across chest. Did u have this? If u did, did u have to keep it in the whole time? Thanks Again

Offline gynoboy88

• Posting Member
Thanks! I'll ask tomorrow about how much lipo was taken. They gave me the extra padding under my vest across chest. Did u have this? If u did, did u have to keep it in the whole time? Thanks Again

I had the padding as well, and I had to keep it on until the one month mark where he advised me to stop wearing the padding/vest altogether despite it being 2 weeks earlier than the usual 6 week rule. It varies case by case though.

A few times I ditched the padding for a day (weddings or events where a suit was required) but I never cheated with the vest.

Offline Chadly

• Posting Member
Just finished up with the nurse 24hrs post surgery check up. She told me I had 400 cc taken from each side along with 5 grams of tissue from each side. I have quite a bit of swelling of course and some bruising. The nurse said everything looked good over all. Now I'm going home to rest.If anybody has any questions feel free to ask.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024