Author Topic: Surgery Tommrow :) QUESTIONS  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Relief_in_sight

• Posting Member
Alright I just had surgery yesterday, I have a few questions....

1. The tensor wrap, there is two foam paddings beneath it, when can I take those off?

2. When will the pain subside?

3. What can I do to ensure, proper and fast healing?

THANKS

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Unless Fielding or the nurse gave you some specifics, you could take the pads off on Tuesday or Wednesday at home or let Fielding do it if you have a post-op appointment with him.

Everyone heals differently so your pain can last a few days to a few weeks.  Just rest a lot and let nature take care of itself.

Congrats on the op!

Offline Relief_in_sight

• Posting Member
Alright thanks, Nah fielding has a post-op appoit. set for 2 weeks from now, not one week, he said after a week I can take it off, but I wasent sure if it was the pads or the tensor wrap..

THANKS  

Offline Relief_in_sight

• Posting Member
Hey, I was just looking at the foam pads and all, Im so curious, but I won't take it apart till wed. I was just wondering, the foam is pretty stuck on there, how am I gonna take it off, I mean like its REALLY stuck on there, and if I take it off Im afraid the nipple's gonna come with it lol, I know it sounds stupid but the nipple is hanging on thru stiches, so.... lol any help

THANKS

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
Take a multi Vitamin to maybe help speed up the healing process.I also heard that if you take a protien shake.That might help too.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 09:52:53 AM by Shattered_Nyte »

Offline Relief_in_sight

• Posting Member

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
What I did for the foam pads was I peeled them off slowly at first, and then it got to the point where it was "stuck" so I had to rip it off, hurts like a mofo!  You might be okay if you don't have any hair, but I have chest hair and it felt like being waxed.  But the nipples should have a gauze over them, so you shouldn't worry about them coming off along with the pads.

Offline Relief_in_sight

• Posting Member
Ok thanks alot, thats what I was worried about.

THANKS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024