Author Topic: Compression Vest too tight!  (Read 4252 times)

Offline blazianmco

I had my sugery last monday and have been faithful to wearing the compression vest. Now that I no longer have the bandages and stiches,  I am finding the vest to be too tight and kind of feel like my chest is becoming so compressed that it's affecting my breathing. I talked to my PS about it and he suggest me not wearing it as my skin was not at all loose after the bandages were removed. Is that answer ok or should I inquire on another vest? After reading alot on this site, it seems that alot of guys are wearing them and not having the same problems. Is there a success story where after post op a compression vest was not worn and the guy had no imperfections in his recovery and pleased with the outcome?

GynO_DuDe

Just get a bigger size. Its for the best.

Offline blazianmco

thanks for replying.

GynO_DuDe

No probs bud, I got help on this forum, so im just returning the favour!

Offline mumbai

• Posting Member
Well first two days it was too tight, and everytime i take a bath it is tight for an hour, but it is how it is suppose to be.

Its up to you, but i think the tighter it is the better.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
yeah i found it to be too tight allot of the time, of course the whole idea of compression is for it to be tight, i often left the lower portion undone (that covers stomach) i found that a few things helped: 1) not eating too much 2) making sure i ate foods that helped the digestion process along (due to the anti inflammatory meds that cause constipation) and 3) having cold showers (or a hot one followed by a cold one) to reduce swelling.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024