Author Topic: Had my surgery yesterday!  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Tonyp1

• Posting Member
Well, I can't believe I actually went through with this!   Yesterday at about 2:00 pm.  360 ml's on the left side and 530ml's on the right.  All was done through the same hole as the lipo.  Was a little concerned that he didn't go through the nipple for excision, but beings so much more was taken from the right, (The one a mammogram confirmed was more gland), I feel a little more confident.  Pain was brutal when I woke up.  3 doses of Fentinol to get it under control.  A steady regimen of Percocet has me feeling surprisingly comfortable.  I'm not having any of the range of motion problems so many complain about, and am relatively pain free with the drugs.  Like most people say, the vest and itchiness is the worse part so far.  I'll update with some pics when I get the wrap and vest off.

Offline warrenjames38

• Posting Member
Congratulations!! may it be smooth sailing through the healing process.
Any particular reason glandular tissue was not extracted via incision under nipple? Is it much harder for the surgeon and does it achieve the same effects as under nipple incision?
Looking forward to the updates and learning about what I hopefully will be going through soon.

Offline Tonyp1

• Posting Member
He said he has ajusted his technique over the years.  He has actually had the surgery done to himself twice.  Second time was a revision from a excision only surgery.  He used to excise through the nipple, but has gotten very good at getting the gland out through the lip hole.  I know for a fact I had a large gland on the right side, because of a mammogram my endocrinologist made me have.  I was quite nervous I was going to be one of those "I should have known better guys", but I took a an quick peak today, and it looks great after one day!  If it doesn't improve a bit, I'll still be happy with the results.  He said the recovery process should be easier with his technique, and so far he seems right on.  I feel pretty good for less than 24 hours later.  I had also talked to another member on this forum that had him do the surgery last year, and his results were perfect after 6 months.  Don't want to sound like a Pu$*y, but I nearly shed a tear when I took my under armur/vest/binder off today.  I had thought maybe all that stuff was holding my boobs flat.  It wasn't, I look great!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 03:49:39 PM by Tonyp1 »

Offline warrenjames38

• Posting Member
literally dreaming of the day when everything is flat and I can just go for a swim with no worry in the world.

Offline Tonyp1

• Posting Member
Mine should be good enough to go shirtless without being self consious, but my biggest goal is to just be comfortable In a T-shirt again.  My rack had gotten a little out of control lately!

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member

Congrats on your surgery!

Did you and the surgeon have a detailed discussion prior to surgery on what exactly is to be done.  I specifically mean the location incision for gland removal.  You sounded like you were surprised about the surgery after it was all over.

---Bobby

Offline Tonyp1

• Posting Member
An update...  My left side looks almost perfect after one week, but I'm beginning to think that he left a big piece of gland behind on my right side.  It's much better than it was pre-surgery, but is no where near flat.  He had said that he would go through the nipple if necessary, but was usually able to get everything out through the lipo hole.  I'm beginning to think he was wrong.  Starting to think I'm one of the "I should have known better guys."  Pain is getting better, but range of motion is still limited.  I have my first follow up appointment tomorrow.  Curious what he'll say.

Offline Askone

• Posting Member
Based on the volume that came out of the right, I'd expect you to have much worse swelling on that side.

My procedure was similar but with the 'bulk' on the left side. Even now at almost 9 weeks, it's still swollen, while the right is nearly completely flat now.

My PS tried to aspirate the fluid, but found (somewhat painfully :) ) that there was no 'free' fluid, but rather general swelling in the tissues.

Bear in mind you've had a pretty major, invasive procedure (even if the incisions are small) and you need patience.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024