Author Topic: Someone anwser this :(  (Read 2353 times)

Offline hawt123

• Posting Member
Alright i have many questions bout this freaking gynecomastia.

Im 14 and in puberty, im sure i have gynecomastia its not that huge but its not really small. Its around 1cm out of my body. But still it is killing me, it doesnt hurt or anything and id like to be sure i get rid of these before summer, since id like to go swimming, these have been on me like 9months i quess. 2 months ago they were HUGE! and i think the size has reduced a bit im not really sure, But does masturbating affect gynecomastia and do i have changes of getting rid of this demon :(, like i said they have MAYBE reducing their size a bit im not sure, But do i have changes to get rid of this :S:S?? Also im not fat im 176cm tall and 60kg heavy. I have started going to the gym few times a week to train my breast muscle, does this help me?

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
My opinion and being honest with you I would say wait a few more years until you think about getting surgery, I've known people who had gyno during puberty that went away after a year or two. Most people wait until they are 18+ when their bodies have stopped growing. Theirs no proof that masturbation causes gyno, same way theirs no proof that marijuana causes it. Theirs myths that it can cause hair loss which is absurd and every boy in your school would be wearing a wig if this was true.

Training will increase testosterone but take it easy , puberty is one of the most demanding times on your body and you don't need the added stress of heavy weightlifting, you will be better of with cardio/swimming and body weight excercises such as push-ups and sit-ups.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Gynecomastia is common in puberty and usually goes away within 2 to 3 years.  However, sometimes it does not go away.  When it doesn't, the only option for getting rid of it is surgery.  With surgery, there is usually a combination of liposuction and excision of the gland.  You can watch a video on YouTube if you type in "gynecomastia surgery".  Sometimes it is possible to treat the condition with liposuction only. 

Masturbation has nothing to do with the condition.  It is simply brought on by a hormone imbalance, and this especially happens to young men whose bodies are growing and maturing.  Most of the time, the hormone imbalance corrects itself and the gyne goes away. 

Exercise typically doesn't do much for gynecomastia.  It can improve the appearance of breasts that are mainly composed of fat (from being overweight), but if there is true growth of the gland underneath, exercise will do nothing to that tissue.  The only way to truly do something about it is to have it surgically removed.

DrBermant

Alright i have many questions bout this freaking gynecomastia.

Im 14 and in puberty, im sure i have gynecomastia its not that huge but its not really small. Its around 1cm out of my body. But still it is killing me, it doesnt hurt or anything and id like to be sure i get rid of these before summer, since id like to go swimming, these have been on me like 9months i quess. 2 months ago they were HUGE! and i think the size has reduced a bit im not really sure, But does masturbating affect gynecomastia and do i have changes of getting rid of this demon :(, like i said they have MAYBE reducing their size a bit im not sure, But do i have changes to get rid of this :S:S?? Also im not fat im 176cm tall and 60kg heavy. I have started going to the gym few times a week to train my breast muscle, does this help me?

If your breasts are getting smaller, waiting and being patient is the first step. The imbalance of hormones during puberty swell the gland of the breast. Check out the Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia. Once hormones stop stressing the gland, it often shrinks. For most, this shrinkage leaves the gland component small enough not to result in a contour problem. If all men with gland swelling did not wait, and surgeons pushed for too many early operations, the percentage of men having gynecomastia surgery would soar.

How Old Before Gynecomastia Surgery is a common question. You will find many examples of young men I operated on, but their problems were stable. It is not just the age, but the timing of hormonal stimulation.  Waiting for the problem to have stabilized for 2 is a good starting point. What has not changed by 2 years typically does not. No surgeons' operation can be as scar free as no surgery at all. If you are one of the majority that it resolves on its own, then you will be much better off than rushing.

Many of my patients who were waiting for the stabilization have told me that our Body Shaping Garments were are great contouring option why they were stabilizing their problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024