Author Topic: post op info  (Read 2305 times)

Offline peewee

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

I've been a regular reader of the postings here for about 4 months now, and thanks to all you people as soon as I read about Dr. Fielding I gave him a call in may. Now I have my surgery for the first week of september and I cannot wait. I just had a couple of questions though if you could help me out.

What exactly is this post op 'bleeding' all about and does it happen to everyone? and secondly how long does one really have to wear the vest for ideally?

Thanks alot for your help. and keep up the good work.

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
Congrats on making the first step and good luck!
The post op bleeding is known as a 'haematoma'.  There's a slim chance of getting one, so do be optimistic and not worry about it.
I wore a vest for about 3 weeks after the foam pads came out.  It was a Nike Pro Compression and it did a sufficient job.

Offline peewee

• Posting Member
oh im sorry i think i asked the question incorrectly.
I wanted to actually know what drainage was and if that occured in most cases?

Just because I've seen some pictures of people who have had it and was just wondering what actually is happening.

Thanks for your help again guys.

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
I never had any drainage performed on me bro.  In fact when my bandages and foam pads came off after a week there was hardly any blood on the bandages.
I'm thinking that there are more complications such as haematomas and drainage depending on your age and weight.
I'm 22 and I was around 152lbs. when I had the op. done on June 22nd.

Hope this helps!

Offline There_Is_Hope

• Bronze Member
Yeah. I had no bleeding myself. I mean, yes the bandages had blood on them but that was it.

Also, my Dr. suggested that I wear the vest for 6 weeks. I don't even think I wore it for 6 days. Kinda stupid in retrospect, and I definitely don't recommend that, but ...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024