Author Topic: From the Middle East and suffers from gynecomastia  (Read 864 times)

Offline Manolas

Hey guys hope you are doing well. At first excuse my english.Now I'm facing a different kind of problem and don't know what to do about it.
I am from Egypt,I am 18 yo, I've had gynecomastia since I was 14  and my parents passed away when I was young, so i don't have a lot of people to talk to.
I am living with my grandmother and my aunt ,I told them about my condition and you know how the Middle eastern people think , they told me There are so many fat men out there that they can breastfeed and i just need to work out. They will never hear me or understand what i am going through. The problem is I can't afford the  surgery or even find a good doctor  and i really don't know what to do.I am completely hopeless which really ruins me and my life. So if anyone has ideas to help i would be thank full.
Sorry for taking long

Offline Denman

• Posting Member
Most people on this website are considering gyne surgery. If money is a factor, and financing is not available, then may I suggest you contact a teaching hospital that teaches cosmetic surgery and perhaps you can offer your case as an opportunity for students to learn in exchange for free or low cost surgery. 

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
Most people on this website are considering gyne surgery. ....
Actually that's not true. The majority of new posts are in the acceptance section. It's pretty rare that a guy shows up wanting surgery.  Due to sites like redit and all of social media, forum sites like this get very little traffic compared to 10+ years ago.

To the original poster- Your life situation does not sound conducive to gynecomastia surgery. Don't get it done on the cheap, you'll regret it. My advice for you would be to accept what you have and get some compression shirts or bras, whatever works for what you have. It really makes a difference in your day-to-day life. You'll look and feel much better. 

At 18, your life is just beginning. Everything will change for you in the coming years. Money, home, family. It all changes. Revisit the gynecomastia surgery later in life. It will give you something to look forward to. I waited to 57, and still lived a great life. It's even better now.

Offline Denman

• Posting Member
I have seen the topic of gyne acceptance on this website, but I have no idea what it is. In my view, you realize that you have it at one point, and either live with it or decide to get it dealt with medically. I think the trajectory on this website is towards the latter. I suppose if you don't have the means for medical intervention, that the former would be where you would land. Let's put it this way: if you land at this website and win the lottery, most everyone would have surgery in a heartbeat. Anyhow, as for the OP, it seemed like he wanted surgery but didn't have the money. I was just giving him a option. 

Offline taxmapper

There is another factor though that is cultural. 
Acceptance of people doing things that are not of the "normal, standard, expected" aspects are falling to the wayside 9at least for now). When a lot more men are more accepting of actually having breasts, and the ability of society not allowing the snickering, bak talking or mitigation of those who are outside the "normal' template. 

In times past it was more accepting that someone was what they were. 
It wasn't until after WWII that the "normal' definition was established as part of the "prefect" template of the nuclear family and the intent to display Mom-Pop, billy, buffy and the two dogs. 

That image is now a thing of the past, and normal is what it is. 

It's still a bit off for me to have on a polo shirt with the bras on because of obvious projection, but I am now topping a B cup and pushing a lower C. So wearing a polo with 10% spandex means i project a bit more now. I cant hide it , but I am also allowing time for adjustment so that when i really start to project it wont be a surprise. 

So, to the OP, you have two things to consider. 

1: culturally, it is going to be very difficult in a male oriented society to have the breasts showing, but also understand that you are not alone THERE either. if its affecting you, its affecting many other men. That you will have to find a way to link, but seek support anyway. We'll gladly walk with you on this. 

2: consider where your at in life and if you want to make a specific change that may or may not solve the issue through surgery,. 

That will be your call. We get it!  good luck on whatever your decision is. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024