Author Topic: PUFFY NIPPLES / AREOLAS BUT NO GLAND!!  (Read 26506 times)

Offline MSJ108

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass".   

Dr.Bermant,
I would like to know if mammoplasty/liposuction/lipoplasty alone can take out both fat and gland if the gland is small, "soft, spread through fat" as you said. I had puffy nipples, so I went for Hormone test, Ultrasound and Mammogram to ascertain possibility of tumour or enlarged gland or any other possible related problems. As per the reports, the doctors said my hormone levels are normal and there are only fats on the nipples. Recently I had tumescent bilateral mammoplasty done with "total 50 ml of fat aspirated". The doctor also told me that there was small portion of gland extracted along with the fat. In that case, I assume the gland was "soft andspread through fat" and came out along with fat. Could that be possible? I would like to know your opinion on this. I remember I had hard bilateral puffy nipples during my adolescent years but completely regressed after some time. Then about a year ago, puffy nipples resurfaced again but they were soft. Now I'm 32 years. As for my mammoplasty surgery, I will know the real result after some time. I would be grateful for your opinion on this particular case.

There are many possible causes for Puffy Nipples After Gynecomastia Surgery.

We are glad to help patients explore their concerns during a consultation or Preliminary Remote Disucssion

If interested in learning more, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.
Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Thank you! Dr.Bermant. I've been going through your website and it has been very helpful on information about gynecomastia. Keep up with your noble work!

I second that

Sur_vivor, any updates to your condition and status?

DrBermant

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass".   

Dr.Bermant,
I would like to know if mammoplasty/liposuction/lipoplasty alone can take out both fat and gland if the gland is small, "soft, spread through fat" as you said. I had puffy nipples, so I went for Hormone test, Ultrasound and Mammogram to ascertain possibility of tumour or enlarged gland or any other possible related problems. As per the reports, the doctors said my hormone levels are normal and there are only fats on the nipples. Recently I had tumescent bilateral mammoplasty done with "total 50 ml of fat aspirated". The doctor also told me that there was small portion of gland extracted along with the fat. In that case, I assume the gland was "soft andspread through fat" and came out along with fat. Could that be possible? I would like to know your opinion on this. I remember I had hard bilateral puffy nipples during my adolescent years but completely regressed after some time. Then about a year ago, puffy nipples resurfaced again but they were soft. Now I'm 32 years. As for my mammoplasty surgery, I will know the real result after some time. I would be grateful for your opinion on this particular case.

There are many possible causes for Puffy Nipples After Gynecomastia Surgery.

We are glad to help patients explore their concerns during a consultation or Preliminary Remote Disucssion

If interested in learning more, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.
Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Thank you! Dr.Bermant. I've been going through your website and it has been very helpful on information about gynecomastia. Keep up with your noble work!

Glad you found my website of value.  Remember, the results I post are typical for my patients with my techniques.  Not all doctors use the same methods nor have the same results.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline bagels

• Posting Member
Hello MSJ108, have you done surgery yet? I would like to know how it went for you because we seem to have similar condition. In my case, the doctor told me I had a small gland and so he did only liposuction. When I asked him whether that small gland was extracted, he said it was taken out as well along with fats. My dressing was removed today and I'm quite satisfied with the way things have turned out, though I still have to see how it progresses. My chest is more flat now as compared to before surgery. There's still a bit of puffy nipple on my right side but doctor said it will go away gradually as I keep wearing compression vest, which I have been advised to put on for six weeks, 24x7. Looks like Liposuction/Lipoplasty/Mammoplasty have same meaning. My medical report card said "bilateral mammoplasty surgery".

Thank you for your postings my friend! No sir I have not yet had the surgery. You are correct, are conditions seem to be very similar. I am glad to hear things turned out well for you. I wish my problem was more clear cut so I would have no reservations in getting the surgery. However, after reading your post I am more confident in getting it done.

Its very strange that my prolactin levels are normal and not hard gland is there, yet my chest looks similar to others with minor gynecomastia. My nipples basically have three different appearances - Very puffy (usually first thing in the morning and when very warm), semi-puffy, and very small and tight (when stimulated, very cold, or just out of the shower/pool). I believe, I am going to go forward with it. I hope my outcome is as good as yours!! I will keep you posted if you are interested.

hi msj108, your condition sounds similar to mine so i would epreciate it if ya could let me know how it goes as i im concidering it myself. im from england and dont have a clue which place to go to. ive seen many advertised but how can you know which is good or bad?

Offline MSJ108

Hello MSJ108, have you done surgery yet? I would like to know how it went for you because we seem to have similar condition. In my case, the doctor told me I had a small gland and so he did only liposuction. When I asked him whether that small gland was extracted, he said it was taken out as well along with fats. My dressing was removed today and I'm quite satisfied with the way things have turned out, though I still have to see how it progresses. My chest is more flat now as compared to before surgery. There's still a bit of puffy nipple on my right side but doctor said it will go away gradually as I keep wearing compression vest, which I have been advised to put on for six weeks, 24x7. Looks like Liposuction/Lipoplasty/Mammoplasty have same meaning. My medical report card said "bilateral mammoplasty surgery".

Hello from the U.S.
I got lipo only and happy with the results. Puffiness has decreased considerably. Do your homework on your plastic surgeons. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your postings my friend! No sir I have not yet had the surgery. You are correct, are conditions seem to be very similar. I am glad to hear things turned out well for you. I wish my problem was more clear cut so I would have no reservations in getting the surgery. However, after reading your post I am more confident in getting it done.

Its very strange that my prolactin levels are normal and not hard gland is there, yet my chest looks similar to others with minor gynecomastia. My nipples basically have three different appearances - Very puffy (usually first thing in the morning and when very warm), semi-puffy, and very small and tight (when stimulated, very cold, or just out of the shower/pool). I believe, I am going to go forward with it. I hope my outcome is as good as yours!! I will keep you posted if you are interested.

hi msj108, your condition sounds similar to mine so i would epreciate it if ya could let me know how it goes as i im concidering it myself. im from england and dont have a clue which place to go to. ive seen many advertised but how can you know which is good or bad?

Offline cricardo

• Posting Member
Gland?  I had a consultation and the doctor used the term "breast tissue". Is this the same thing?

DrBermant

Gland?  I had a consultation and the doctor used the term "breast tissue". Is this the same thing?

Breast Tissue consists of gland, fat, connective tissue, and skin. I prefer to be more specific.  You can learn more with my Anatomy of Gynecomastia Pictures and Puffy Nipple Anatomy.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Surgery

Offline MSJ108

Breast Tissue consists of gland, fat, connective tissue, and skin. I prefer to be more specific.  You can learn more with my Anatomy of Gynecomastia Pictures and Puffy Nipple Anatomy.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Surgery

bingo! Thanks Doc!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024