Author Topic: my story post op. (pics)  (Read 4834 times)

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
3days post op, i feel great besides this tight ace bandage. i had my surgery 6/8/2010, my chest is a lot flatter than i imagined it to look like. i will keep you guys posted.

these are some pre op pics, post op coming soon.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 04:42:01 PM by damonsta »

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
4days post op

today i took my first shower since surgery everything looks good but my left side sounds like it has some liquid inside when i push it in, my next appointment is in 3 days should i go to the er or should i wait till my visit? im not in any pain and so far im content with the out come.

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
5day post op pics, let me know what you think.

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
Hey great results man :) Wait for swelling to go away and it will be even better.  :D
Good luck with healing and keep updated
Cheers!
Sid

Offline VR4

• Posting Member
looks great, i m 15day post-op just take it easy on the first 10days, i had same issues on my first week thought there was some water but turned out to be false alarm, surgeon said its alright if there is little amount its expected and it body will take care of it part of the healing process as long as you wear the vest,

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
thanks VR4, did your doctor remove the tape around you incision yet? i started noticing some black blood stain on the gauze last night. is that normal? by the way i feel almost 100% today, im still taking it easy but i def. feel better than last week, i feel so much better that i stop taking my pain meds monday and started just taking extra strength tylenol.

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
2 1/2 weeks post op and im feeling a lot better, i haven't been able to regain full motion of my arms but i have nearly any pain on my left side but my right side has what i think is a pocket of water that is turning kind of hard. i don't have pics because nothing has really changed beside the pain. i started wearing an under armor shirt when ever the vest feels uncomfortable and i thing it feels better than the vest. i still have bandages covering my nipples like you see in the pictures in my earlier post.

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
I didn't regain full motion of my arms until about 4 weeks.

Be sure to keep as much pressure on your chest as your surgeon advised (vest, or whatever he advised). It really helps the tissues to reconnect and heal! Your result will be better. Some discomfort with the vest can have an important payoff.

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
but under armor shirt provides the same level of pressure on my chest but i just cant take the heat from the vest. that kind of material doesn't breath and i actually feel like im drowning in this thing. for example today i photographed a wedding and i would of lost my mind if id had my vest instead with the under armor i was able to move and still have the pressure i need. i only wear the vest at my office job and when i sleep with the AC on full blast.

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
im a month post op and i don't see much change from my last post i still have bruising around the nipple and a hard lump next to my right nipple. pain is mostly gone but i feel a lot of sensitivity around my nipples, but other than that all is well. Ive stopped using my vest all the time, i only use my vest at night. i got the permission from the doc to go back to the gym but Ive only started doing light work outs around the house.

new pics coming soon.

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
new pics im 7weeks post op, im not feeling so much pain anymore but there is some tension when i stretch my arm. i have some brusing that is not going away as fast is was hoping. the pocket of plasma is still there but it feels like jelly ??? im going back to the gym so that i can get back into shape (ive been eating junk since the surgery) but im not happy with the contour of my chest yet ( left side looks better than the right side). i would like the swelling to go away faster, so if you guys know of any tricks please share.

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member

Offline bozo

• Posting Member
the colour looks really different in the pre vs post op pics.  Any chance of a more fair comparison.

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
no the lighting was different but you can see where the bruising is prominent.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024