Author Topic: this is always on my mind. how bad is it? 17 y.o w. pics  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Violating

• Posting Member
Its not a question of wether I have it or not. its a question of when am I getting these off.
I absolutely dislike my chest. they're the worst part of my body indeed.

Im just a regular 17 year old kid, going off to college in about 4 months ( SUNY Cortland woop!) living with a dark secret.
I have gynecomastia.

I've been living with it since I was 10 or 11 years old. I was overweight back when I was younger,
very overweight and that was when the G first started showing up. I walked hunched over so that
nobody could see my chest.

As i grew taller, I lost weight and I began to just live with my defect. But that never stopped me from
disliking what I have on my chest.

Im currently 5'9 and I weight 150 pounds.

about half a year ago I started working out, hoping to see if the G disappeared under the muscle
but I experienced the opposite, the muscle was hiding under the G.
I bench 225 , considering im 150 I may say thats pretty good, and I cant see the results because its hiding
under that gelatin like tissue.

My passion is acting and when I do shows, I have to change clothes, and its incredibly embarrasing to have to go
to a corner and hide myself from everyone else so they cant see my G.

I also participate in many shows in my school, for example, today (the day im posting this) I have a fashion show
in my school, and I as one of the models have to change into many different outfits, but its so embarrasing to see
all my friends just taking their shirts off and im not being able to because of this problem.

I did go to see Dr. Elliot Jacobs and he said I was indeed a candidate for surgery, (this was over a year ago)
but my family was going through some tough times and they weren't ready to pay the amount of the surgery.

So now im stuck between a rock and a hard place, now, although we did overcome the situation we were in,
its still going to be hard to get my parents to pay up. I might look for someone else to do the surgery for me, but
I know that Dr. Jacobs is one of the best out there and its my BODY, If im going to trust anyone, it should be
someone with loads of experience.

What I want to know is,
How bad is it?
on a scale of 1-10

here are some of my currently pictures.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
I'd say you have moderate gyne...7 or 8.  The reason yours looks so pronounced, I think, is because you are in such good shape and are not overweight at all.  So it makes your gyne that much more noticeable.

Yes, you definitely need surgery, so you can go through your young adult years happily and without concern of taking your shirt off in public.  If I was in your situation, I would ask my parents to look into taking out a loan to get the surgery.  There are priorities in life, and I see your situation as one of them.

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
I agree with Raider, it is more noticable because you are in good shape.

I would get the surgery before you head off to college, it'd be a fresh start!

Good luck!

Offline Entouragee

• Posting Member
I would say 6 or 7, and also agree that like me your gyno sticks out so much because of how thin we are. I am having surgery with Doctor Jacobs and I wouldn't pick any other surgeon. He is so experienced, and knowledgeable! I'm blessed to be able to have this procedure done by him, I think!

Offline texastoast88

• Posting Member
I'd rate your gyne a 6 or 7, just because you're in such good shape. I agree with Raider too. Perhaps getting a loan and getting it taken care of before school would be the best option in my opinion. I went through college with Gyne and I told my parents right before I graduated - big mistake waiting that long. Trust me, you don't want to go through college with Gyne, it really cost me a lot of good memories. I remember dodging going swimming, women and all that. I always felt awkward and out of place because all I could think about is what people thought of my chest. Good luck to you buddy, hope everything works out.
Dallas Mavericks basketball for life

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024