Author Topic: Fit Issues  (Read 2059 times)

aboywithgirls

Women's jeans are far superior to men's, in my opinion. The material is softer and is made to FIT! I Love ❤ my Torrid Bombshell Skinny jeans. Yes, they do have smaller pockets but, hey, I'm already wearing a bra and ladies top and jeans, wearing a purse and having everything I need all together? I will definitely take that trade off.

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
To be honest, small pockets would be a problem.  I use my pockets, and they can already be a bit of an issue if I don't empty my wallet of change (which I need for car guards) and receipts often enough.

Guywithgirls

I bit the bullet and stopped at a clothing discount store and bought a pair of jeans. They are the most dang comfortable pair of jeans I've ever tried on..... they didn't have a size that fit perfect, so I got the next size larger and am currently washing and drying them on the hottest settings to get them to shrink a tad. I'm super excited to wear them as soon as the drier is done. I've never been this excited over jeans before

Orb

First of all I have to say I've learned a lot. 
For me, developing later in life have never given thought to fit issues below the waist.  Thank you all for enlightening me.
It has made me think and reevaluate the the whole paradigm.  I feel that those that developed earlier in their youth developed other characteristics as well.  My butt, waist  and hips are the same.  Perhaps I alone have worked my butt off.
Thanks for sharing. 
Honestly, I have gained a new insight!

p.r.1974

I have two pair of well worn friends left that came from the men's aisle, but all of the others, and future purchases will be from Lane Bryant and Torrid. The Bombshell bootcut  from Torrid, and the signature fit straight leg from Lane Bryant have been the go to. And losing weight is allowing for more choices in jeans and tops that fit my shape.

I may caution the would dryer use thing. I destroyed a couple pair in the dryer by keeping the same laundry habit from typically men's jeans. The traditionally women's jeans materials are much more elastic in their construction. Some are similar , but I would look closely at the instruction tag, or find the tg online if it is missing or faded.

Busted (and happy)

Small pockets are easily solved by small messenger bag worn on shoulder or cross chest. Not at all "feminine". Much more secure for phone and wallet, You just have to get used to not leaving it behind!
Clothes including jeans (mens or womens look and feel better without stuffed pockets. 

aboywithgirls

That is sooooo true! I like the way my Bombshell Skinny jeans look without anything stuffed in the pockets! For the occasions when I need to minimize what I'm carrying where it's not practical to carry a handbag, I will carry my debit card in a hip pocket, my car key in another and I will wear a top that I can carry my phone in my bra cup! There are a couple of advantages to having big boobs! 

Busted (and happy)

Must say I hadn't thought of that one. 
;D

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
I only wear women's jeans now.  I have a larger butt and thighs and struggled for decades to find mens jeans that fit.  If I found jeans that fit my waist then the thighs and butt would be so tight I couldn't hardly walk.  I usually ended up with a waist size bigger than what I needed so that my thighs had enough room which gave my clothes a baggy, unkempt look.  Then I discovered womens jeans with stretch fabrics and designed for bigger thighs and butt with a smaller waist.  My wife loves the way they look on me, I like the extra attention I get from her and will never go back to something that doesn't fit. 

I always buy mine at thrift stores.  They're usually $7-$10, there's a lot of different brands and most thrift stores have fitting rooms.  At first I tried department stores but the number of brands was usually limited and the prices are $50+.  As with bras, the fit of the same size and style can vary greatly between brands. 

Confused old man

I wear lee women’s flex motion regular fit straight leg jeans. The fit is amazing. So then I tried the lee men’s version. Don’t fit!....crazy...all I wear now is lee women’s jeans.pockets a little smaller, zipper a little shorter. Cant tell they are women’s at all. Maybe some women can tell, but who really cares..I am 5-10 185 and wear a size 10L. In lee women’s all cotton I have to wear a 12L straight leg. Jockey jog bra, a cotton camisole to smooth things out and hide the permanent nip hard ons and a t-shirt and I good to go

Busted (and happy)

Well adjusted and sorted I'd say. Certainly not confused

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024