Author Topic: Letrozole?  (Read 5366 times)

Offline Wanted

• Posting Member
I seen many sites of people saying it can reverse gynecomastia... Is it true? Or how much of it?

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
hey, what did you get?  lipo and excision or just excision of the gland?

Regarding your question, I would contact you're surgeon.  From what I've read, what you're going through is very common. My surgeon even has it listed on his website.

Offline Wanted

• Posting Member
I may have not worded this correctly. When i said reverse i meant take away, cure, loose.

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
First of all, consult your doctor.

Second, there is NO FDA APPROVED medication to remove breast tissue. Period. Letrozole does not remove breast tissue and it is only approved by the FDA for the treatment of breast cancer. In the black market, it is commonly used by body builders using anabolic steroids, since it may prevent the onset of gynecomastia.

This cannot be said enough: there is no FDA approved medication that removes breast tissue. Extraction is the only option.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Letrozole, Arimidex and Tamoxifen are the usual 3 drugs you see mentioned on this topic.  The first two are aromatase inhibitors and actually stop the production of estrogen.  Without estrogen, the breast cannot grow.  Tamoxifen is an estrogen antagonist and hinders the action of estrogen, not its production.  All 3 of these are typically given to women to combat breast cancer.  They can be quite expensive unless you get the generic versions (Arimidex and Tamoxifen have generics).  

Endocrinologists will also occasionally prescribe these drugs if they think they might help with gynecomastia.  These drugs have been shown to stop and occasionally reverse the effects of gyne if caught early enough (before the tissue in the breast has become fibrotic or established).  Tamoxifen is often used to stop the pain and tenderness associated with new onset gynecomastia and can also help stop/reverse gyne if taken early enough after its onset.  

Once the breast tissue is established, these drugs no longer have a chance of being beneficial.  Using them early enough in the gyne process is the key.  They need to be used as soon as possible after gynecomastia presents itself.  If someone has had gyne for years, they would not be beneficial.  

The main thing to remember about these drugs are that they are NOT without their (potentially severe) side effects, so you and your doctor must discuss if the benefit of using them would outweigh the risks.  You should only take these powerful drugs under a doctor's supervision and only if they have a chance of doing something to help with gynecomastia.  If you see offers to get them online, realize that it is not pharmaceutical grade medicine.  Anyone would be wise to stay away from something if they don't know where it came from, who made it, or how it was made.  

Offline fc12345678

• Posting Member
I tried all of these and none of them worked.  From my experience and from what I have learned, once the gland forms, surgery is the only option. 

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
I tried all of these and none of them worked.  From my experience and from what I have learned, once the gland forms, surgery is the only option. 

I will back this up aswell fc, the only option is surgery. I tried them all!

Offline fc12345678

• Posting Member
Most people...including myself.. will try anything to avoid surgery.  Unfortunately in the end all those drugs probably ran me almost a grand and did nothing.

If I had to do again I would have definitely went to a doctor first.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024