Author Topic: Concerned in Dubai. Please help.  (Read 3637 times)

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
It is tough when there is a problem.The issue for a surgeon who did not perform the surgery is that we are not certain exactly what was done and how reliable and complete the story we are receiving is in each case. This issue is further complicated often by a lack of photos and increasing anxiety ( more often than not justified) on the patient's part. Having said that as a patient there is never a more important patient than you. Never feel bad about asking any question nor questioning any answer. There is an american expression " the squeaky wheel gets the grease" so sometimes you need to be your own best advocate to make sure something is done. You need to balance what I just said with the fact that often a surgeons the best course is to wait and observe before rushing in just for the sake of doing something and making  things worse.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline ivoi3

• Posting Member
Thank you Dr. Pen! I wish my surgeon would take a page out of your book. I know he means well but I'm going to insist on some answers during my next follow up in 6 weeks! 

Offline ivoi3

• Posting Member
So I took Dr. Pensler's advice and pretty much insisted for a follow up. Once again, I was pretty disappointed with what my surgeon had to say - he said and I quote that kenalog shots injected in breast tissue was "nonsense". 
I went to another PS for a second opinion - http://w w w.theamericansurgecenter.com/dr-nic-isse-plastic-surgeon-abu-dhabi/
He said that the result was very good and he couldn't feel any extra gland behind my nipples so I guess enough was taken out. He said that I do still have some residual post op swelling and that is what may be causing the nipple to sometimes puff out. When I pinch it it becomes tiny, completely flat and sticks to the skin. Sometimes its flat and sometimes it puffs out. I can still feel the swelling and my chest still feels sore/full. But, can swelling cause the nipple to puff out? I thought only breast tissue or scar tissue would do that.

Offline ivoi3

• Posting Member
I'm pretty calm and relaxed about everything but I have to admit - it is a VERY frustrating surgery. I've had two ACL surgeries on both knees and the results took shorter than this.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024