Author Topic: Will it come back?  (Read 3478 times)

Offline hellbent

• Posting Member
Hi dear friends,

I just had my operation 6 weeks ago. Now I enjoy the result and I really like wearing only one T-shirt etc. The thing is that as always I am a little bit afraid that this whole gynecomastea will come up again. I always look my chest saying "is this getting bigger" or "is it still the same as yesterday".

In order to chase these ghosts I would love to know if the chest can grow again and is so when, in what cases etc. Note that I didn't remove the gland since my doctor told me after the operation that only fat was needed to be removed.

Do I need to avoid certain foods, substances or medication? Do I need to follow a certain diet?

Please if anyone knows anything let me know. It is a good feeling after the operation, I want to sustain it...

Thank you so much.

Offline EgyptinMagicin21

• Posting Member
Hey Hellbent,

I don't know why your doctor said you didn't need the gland removed. All men have some degree of mammary tissue, but if it was an actual lump in your chest, then it was the gland associated with gynecomastia, and definitely should have been removed.

As for your question.

There is no definitive answer on as to whether or not your gyne can or will come back. If you have that lump, and it wasn't only fat, then the chances of it just being weight related are slim. But if was a purely weight related gynecomastia (pseudogynecomastia) then you would need to watch your eating habits, and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

True gynecomastia occurs for a myriad of reasons; hormones, drug use, genetics, etc. So if you were on some sort of medication that caused it, then staying off of it after the surgery should almost guarantee that it won't come back.

I didn't catch your age, but the older you are when you have the surgery, the less chance you have of it coming back, because the body is not so out of whack with its hormones. I'm 19, and the surgeon gave me a less then 5% chance of it ever coming back.

And I feel for your anxiety, I am 7 weeks post op, and I am already wondering if its bigger since yesterday and if it will still heal properly. It seems that you are doing well, and I hope for all the best.

Offline hellbent

• Posting Member
Hi friend,

Thank you for your reply. It is always comforting to listen from people having the same anxiety and thoughts.
My case is this: I developed gynecomastia when I was in my puberty. Back then I had some extra weight which I lost when I was 18 - 19. My chest though didn't disappear as it was supposed to. After that I have maintained my body weight in relatively low levels and I can say that I still do. My problem wasn't that big meaning that I didn't have huge breasts. But their shape, and their fat concentration was more than frustrating, disappointing and disheartening. That is why I decided to proceed with the liposuction. I guess that my case then was this pseudogynecomastia you described and probably that is why my doctor didn't remove the gland.

So I guess, by your description, even though I am 26 I still have big chances of developing fat in my chest once again, if I don't take care of my diet.

The certain thing is that I am determined to do whatever it takes to maintain my chest in its current condition. The only thing missing is proper and detailed information on what I should and what I should not do. I hope that by this post, things like that will become clear for myself and everyone else with the same fears and thoughts.

Thank you and good luck with your case as well. And share all the joy and happiness you feel with the people around you.

Offline EgyptinMagicin21

• Posting Member
Hellbent,

It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, and you are committed to making sure you don't have to suffer through this problem again.

My only concern is that I feel as if your doctor didn't care enough, or wanted to make sure that he diagnosed you correctly. I had to change my doctor before I got one that did all the tests, and actually paid attention to the lumps in my chest. (The previous doctor didn't even bother to examine my chest.)

I'm just saying this because I want to make sure that you feel confident in your doctor. I'm still concerned about that gland, but then again, I have few friends who have normal chests but I have felt a gland behind their chest. Perhaps some of us have glands that don't expose enough to cause the appearance of breasts?

Hope all is well.

Offline hellbent

• Posting Member
Hey thanks again,

In this case my future is already predefined by my doctor's diagnosis and choices.
Since as you argue there might be a maltreatment over there, a doctor's opinion on my question would be highly needed.

So I am in the position of asking any doctor who is viewing this post to spare a couple of minutes on clarifying the issues raised.

I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you.

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
It usally wont return ... do all the normal stuff but do not do:
- STERIODS
- WEED
- Anything else that increases estrogen (they were the only 2 I could think off)

This things have been proven to increase estrogen, so even if theres a chance ... is it worth it coming back? Dont think so.

Offline hellbent

• Posting Member
Hi my friend,

I regard your information as quite useful and I will keep them in mind and practice, even though I have never used steroids plus the days that I was smoking weed are left far behind and naturally I will NOT put this thing in my mouth again in my life.

So thank you very much.

Does anyone else now something about nutrition or diet habits that should or should not be included in order to prevent the problem of returning? Because I read somewhere in this forum that even though granary products are healthy they might cause the unwanted effects.

So are there any dairy, vegetables, granary, meat etc. products that should be avoided or not?

Thanks everyone for its time

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024