Author Topic: Is prolactin permanent?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
So I have gynecomastia which would make it evident that I have a slightly higher level of prolactin then ordinary men unless I am mistaken. So then I took a medication for maybe a little over a month called respidol, risperidone which they said would help with my socialphobia which was related to my gyne ultamatly (not my head). And this medication (a-typical) is highly known to increase prolactin levels so now this sounds like a big mistake for me seeing as how I already had gyne on top of a prolacin increasing medication so I stopped it after learning what the drug was only to find that I still have a sexdrive diminished by at least 2 thirds and a possibly enlarged thyroid which I have to wait a month to get tested and look at my bloodwork. Could this have given me Hyperprolactinemia? After all this and the meds could I have a permanent increase in prolactin or would that stop with the med? I also just got the gyne removed would that also put a halt to some prolactin production? Does any of this make sense?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024