Author Topic: So here I am, 25 years or so later...  (Read 2004 times)

Offline KE25

• Posting Member
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:17:24 PM by KE25 »

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 sounds like you got a plan.....
  one question ,  why was your wife low on the list?  assuming you  have a good   marriage,  I would  include her in the plan  FIRST, bet she would  be a big asset  to your weight loss

Offline KE25

• Posting Member
Good question. I think I want to sort out and pre-decide for myself first and then present her with the options, costs etc - if it is reasonable at all. It's embarassing enough as it is. She would be the only person other than a medical professional I'd like to discuss this with at all. And I'd really like to avoid it as long as possible. But you are certainly right to bring that up. Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll change my mind on the "order of things".

I'll post pictures now.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

It does sound like you have thought this thing through pretty logically, however I would also suggest you consider involving your wife a little sooner.  I did a little of the homework before bringing this subject with my long time g/f. But I did tell her at an early stage and she was great about it.

My gyne appeared later in life (40s); she knew something had been troubling me and was glad that I told her when I did.  I explained as best I could how deeply disturbing the growth of my chest was to me and I told her about this site.  She visited it several times to read up on how this condition affects sufferers both physically and mentally and she said it gave her the insight to understand how I felt.  From that time forward she was fully supportive of what I wanted to do.  She said it made no difference to her and how she felt about me, but if it was troubling me then I had to confront and resolve it.

I had to undergo a gruelling period of tests and scans as mine was late onset gyne but she was with me all the way.  Other than medical personnel, she was the only other person who knew about this and we kept it a secret from family and friends until sometime after the surgery.  Even then only a few people were told.  Looking back I found her support absolutely wonderful and I was so pleased I involved her when I did.

Good luck to you.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024