Author Topic: 98% sure I have gyne. Age16. Very depressed.  (Read 3616 times)

Offline unbelievingteen

• Posting Member
Hello all I am 16 currently 5'5 around 145 lbs, turning 17 next month on the 14th. I have always wondered why I had bigger breasts then everyone else. It never really occured to me that it was gyne, I always thought it was just fat. But I've been working out quite a bit lately, lifting weights and alot of basketball play and cardio, trying to slim down and lower my bf%. Reading everyone's stories seem to have been making me more and more depressed lately. I've always had a great personality, I still do, but now knowing that I probably do have gyne makes me very very depressed. I see my local GP on the 24th, because I have had a shoulder problem for a long time now.. But now I am also going to ask him about gyne and see what he can do for me. Last time I checked my bf% was pretty high, so I don't know if my "breasts" are because of fat or gyne really. But looking at all the pictures and then looking at me, it really does seem like gyne and when upon feeling it, it's sort of tender with a little bit of hard spots. I think it's very minor but I still want to lower my bf% to see if it's really bad. Right now, even though surgery may be an option, I nor my parents probably don't have the money to go through with it, we also do not have any medical insurance, it's too expensive my mom says. Not to mention of all the stories of people not satisfied with their operation. I read about "Rebound XT" which at my age would not be an option or what i've read about would not be a good option, so that made me feel really hopeless. I'm at the end of the ropes here, I know what my GP will say, that it will go away and blah this and blah that. But in reality I know i'll probably be stuck with this the rest of my highschool life and life in general. It is very overwhelming emotionallty and mentally. I've just been set in the right mood to get very fit, but i think about what the point is with having gyne. It feels like my whole life has just collapsed, it truely does. I spent all last night and this morning reading endless stories of people's gyne and seen many pictures. From the side view my nippe tends to point out a bit, not really dramatically though and from a front view my breasts seem a little rounded at the bottom and sides, rather then squared on the sides or bottom. It feels like there is no hope for me, I'm pretty sure I'm well pass the puberty stage so there is not that big of a chance of it just "going away". I'm really in the gutter here guys and I wish there was something I could do.. I've thought about just working out alot building alot of lean muscle and lowering bf%. Will this help it, or make it worse? What's worse is that this girl i know she's VERY skinny, not grotesquely skinny but skinny and I really like her and i'm pretty sure she has feelings for me also, but i'm very underconfident now and im scared to get close. Why, Why does this have to happen to me. When I was younger I ate really crappy and was pretty chubby, but now i've been eating VERY healthy and have lost alot of weight. I was 165+ at the beginning of last year, now i am 145. When you lose weight, does that mean you lose bf%?

I would like to apologize for this post being VERY disorganized, but I am very frantic and paranoid at the moment. This read would have been alot easier if I was more calm and sane.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 11:29:15 AM by unbelievingteen »

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Well you say your case looks minor so that's something to be happy about. Things could be much worse. Just think of all the people dying of brain tumors, or the people who have lost thier limbs in warfare. Imagine how much worse that would be going through life without one of your arms or legs.

You have to keep things in perspective. A minor case of gyno is very treatable, and despite what you think I believe at your age there's a very good chance it will go away on it's own.

Offline User

• Bronze Member
Hang in there, man!  It may very well go away, but for the time being I know how you feel.  Just remember that high school is a short part of your life, and if anybody gives you grief then they have a problem not you.  I once read somewhere in regards physical appearance, "The people who matter don't care, and the people who do care don't matter."  I think that goes for anyone including your potential love interest.
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude....

Go see an Endocrinologist and a Plastic Surgeon to find out for sure if you have Gyne. If you do have it for sure, get a part-time job and start saving your coin for surgery.

I lived with Gyne for 31 years  :o :o :o. I first noticed it when I was about 9 years old. I finally had it removed this past February by Dr. John Craig Fielding at the age of 41. Hang in there... as mentioned above, start saving your coin and one day you'll have enough to have your gyne removed.

Regarding this girl you have feelings for.... if she has true feelings for you also, she'll love you for who you are on the inside. Not what you are on the outside. Trust me on that one! ;)

I have had many GF's and am now married. Not one of the girls that I dated nor my wife were ever bothered by my gyne. Yes, there were many girls that laughed at and made fun my moobs ( mainly younger girls ). However, shallow people like that are not worth knowing anyways. My wife Patricia had no problem with my gyne, although she says I look better now.

Try to be as confindent as possible ( chicks like confidence ) and let this girl know how you feel. If she responds, great! If she doesn't, like the old saying goes.... there's more fish in the ocean.

Don't know what else to tell ya Dude.... I know it's tough having gyne, especially when you are young. Try to be positive and as confident as possible. You'll survive... I did!  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline unbelievingteen

• Posting Member
Honestly I think it would have been ALOT easier not knowing what gyne was. I never cared about my chest really at all, I thought it was just fat. Now that I've learned about it i'm paranoid every second of my life. I am a VERY confident person especially with girls and my peers. Though now learning about my special chest, I think i've completely lost all confidence, hope, motivation to keep slim and fit. I just started cutting, but my motivation seems gone if cutting will not even make it go away. I hate this.

Offline There_Is_Hope

• Bronze Member
I'm assuming you live in the States, so I have no idea how to comment on the health care and insurance, but...

I was 99% sure I was going to have to pay for my operation. I had letters from physicians and endocrinologists saying that I needed this procedure done and that it should be covered under health care, but private surgeons didn't give a damn, they wanted their money. I went as far as booking an appointment with one (for surgery...saw him for consultation) and expecting to pay $4,000, but then I said screw it, I'll just do it when I move home.

So I moved home, and consulted with a surgeon the day after. Private surgeon might I add. I showed him my papers and everything, and he said that he would not charge me for the operation. I was in shock. My date is in 2 weeks.

I might be in the minority when I say this, but I suggest you guys taking out a loan on this or financing. It's such a big deal. It's so much more than having a couple of lumps on your chest. It's something that controls your life, and that would be something I would be willing to go into debt to fix.

Offline User

• Bronze Member
I might be in the minority when I say this, but I suggest you guys taking out a loan on this or financing. It's such a big deal. It's so much more than having a couple of lumps on your chest. It's something that controls your life, and that would be something I would be willing to go into debt to fix.

That would be good advice for someone with severe gyne, but after seeing your pics "unbelievingteen" I don't think there's that much to get worked up over.  To me your chest looks very normal, and whatever gyne you have will probably resolve itself within the next year or so.

If you had the money...I'd still wait.  The only thing that would push surgery would be if you were being teased constantly and even then it would be advisable to wait.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024