Author Topic: My Story!  (Read 2122 times)

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
Hello everyone,

I've had Gyn since i've been around 16 and i've had some pretty depressing times - I spent ages on my computer and inside the house just to not go out because i had these "things" that i didnt like at all, I quit my job and felt I didnt really have a purpose in life... I felt like I couldent talk to anyone and It's not going to change on its own so what can I do ...

I emailed my mum and put a link to these forums and just said "I think I need an operation", I told my mum I had sent her an email and then went out straight after to avoid any embarssement. When I had come back (after a few hours) me and my mum sat down and discussed it (This was the hardest part of the whole thing imo) and I basically said I've done loads of research and I really just want to get this over and done with, so we went to see a Surgeon and and booked a surgery date. I no its rather silly but even the thought of saying something face-to-face just made me think that they would laugh in my face! So I thought one day (sorry for the swearing!) darn it, im going to have to deal with this sometime and just sent the email.

I've recently had my op (my gyn wasnt THAT bad, it was just pointy nipples etc. But it made me very self-consience) and I feel like 1000x better already, I had a sneak peak today (1 day after my op) and my right side seems good but my left side incaves a bit (hope this goes away!!) but then again it has only be a day ... so I shouldent really be judging. I will take some pictures when I feel a little better and do a review on the place I got it done - but its to early for that atm ... but once I'm happy with the results I will share who/when/where etc.

Seems all good atm, and if your reading this and thinking "I wish I had the courage to do what he did", just say "darn it" and do it!!!! It's WELL worth all of it trust me - you will be 10000x better. I found it alot easier with my parents approaching ME rather then the other way around.

Thanks.

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
5 days post op ... swelling is minimal and doesnt seem to hurt at all.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024