Author Topic: 3 weeks post surgery- should i be worried  (Read 2907 times)

Offline bravo

• Posting Member
Hi All,

I had all my bandages and steri strips removed about a week ago. I literally felt sick when i saw the nipple area on both sides. My chest is noticably flatter, so I was very happy at first, but now i can see everything I am extremely worried.

Basically on my left hand side the nipple is concave and creased, and is black (i have read on here that this could be blood) and on the right hand side, the area which was cut above the nipple, is black and there is a crease in the middle.

I am very worried that i am now going to have to live with deformed nipples. I have seen post op picture of people on here and their nipples look like they have not undergone any traumer at all, you cant even see where the incision was made.

Am i jumping the gun since it has only been 3 weeks? or do i have genuine cause to be concerned

Thanks

Offline bravo

• Posting Member
Update:

I went to see the surgeon yesterday, and he has given me reassurance that the nipples will sort themselves out and i need to let nature take its course. He says that once the chest has stopped being swollen, the nipple is stretched back in to place and the creases eventually go.

The black stuff was dried blood, and the nurse was able to pick some off. I think my problem was i was checking my chest several times aday hoping for improvement, when really it should be once every few days or even a week

Offline a-monk

• Posting Member
hey bravo. I have the exact same problem as you. However its been only 5 days since my surgery. I saw my chest and my nipples whe I went to have the dressing removed yesterday. My chest is flat but my nipples look axactly like you described yours. The doc told me to not worry and not try to guage the results for atleast 6 weeks. He seemed very confident about what he saw. He said there is a cavity under the nipple where there was dense gland, and it will fill up eventually. I'm hoping for the best. Anybody have any views on this. The main reason for me to have the surgery was to fix the puffy nipples and not so much the fat. I did have about 100ml of fat sucked out altogether on both sides and about 55gm of gland excised on each side. So I hope my nipples dont look worse than they originally did Please keep me updated about your results as and when you see an improvement. I will post pictures in a couple of weeks. It's too soon now.

Offline bravo

• Posting Member
Hi amonk,

It's now 4.5 weeks and they are still the same, although on the right side the black bits where the incision was made has gone, it was dried blood. So the right doesn't look too bad at the moment, nipple is a bit wonky as it is flat near the top but a bit swollen at the bottom, hopefully this will go down

Left one is still a concern, its hard to explain but it looks as if the chest is still swollen so it is almost like the pec around the nipple is sticking out over the nipple, which makes it look really concave and there is still a bad crease there. The chest area is still really hard to touch, so i am hoping that when this goes down it will sort the nippe out. My concern is that people on here seem to be healed really quickly, and i am still sleeping on my back 4.5 weeks on, and still cant go to the gym

Offline a-monk

• Posting Member
Could you post some pictures?

Offline bravo

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024