Author Topic: indentations / Creasing ?  (Read 13863 times)

Offline jimboyeeehaw

• Posting Member
Crease for me is healing nicely. Its pretty much all gone away now. Was at my Surgeon today for checkup and she confirmed the couple of mm's of puffyness is due to the scar tissue pushing up on the nipple area.
Advised I keep massaging it and wait a month or two. She also said I can do any exercises I like now and chest exercises will obviously tighten up the area with muscle which will help getting rid of the last mm of puffyness (faster than if i didnt do any exercises). Also dont have to go back to see her anymore which was a good sign. Just wants me to see how its going in 2-3 months then go back only if im concerned about anything. So yeah 7 weeks post op now and I dont have any visible scars and symetry between the 2 sides is like 95% so very happy =)  I was quite worried about the hole healing/scars thing  because I smoke quite alot (pre and post op) but have been o/d'ing on vit-c and protein for the last 7 weeks.  

But yeah, started seeing big improvements after week 5 or so. Started doing HIIT cardio around this time aswell so maybe that helped. Also wore the vest for 7 weeks which I think helped? Not going to wear it anymore though, Surgeon said there is no point.

Im quite surprised I didnt get the itchy thing, I sometimes take telfast (everyday) because I get itchy all over for some reason (think maybe alergic to some food i keep having) so was worried after reading that surgery can cause itchy.

Cost me about $7k or so. And got like $800 back from medicare, so $6200 or so.

I wish I had taken a picture of what my left side looked like for the first 4 weeks post op and what it looks like now. It was seriously massive :P Quite amazed with the progress over last 3 weeks.

Goodluck to all of you =) Im sure you will all have great results, just need to wait it out.

now im off to dust off the ol' barbell/bench =)

Offline Squish33

• Posting Member
Yea the itchiness has gone away now? maybe be a on/off thing
I never got told about the massaging thing? Do you just like use a few fingers and rub the scars? or like the general nipple area?
And I can't wait to get back into my weights. I'm trying to keep active tho by starting walking in a few days and even sit ups which shouldn't have any effect.
Good to hear they healed! I may upload a pic of both of mine to see if it looks similar to what you had.
Thanks

Offline jimboyeeehaw

• Posting Member
Im nealy 3 mnths post op.
Stil have puffy nippe, noting to major tho, and when i message the area it goes away for a couple of hours.
Other side stll inverts in abit, again tho nothin to major.

I actualy went to the beach the othr day with no shirt on! First time i've done that 15 years.
felt super confident so was good :) Has made the operation all worth while.

Might go back to surgeon in anoter month if i dont see any more improvments to see what she recommendds, but yeah right now even with the puff/invet im 10000000000000000000000000 times happier and much more confident.

Offline Squish33

• Posting Member
It's insane how much yours has in common to mine.
I'm almost 2 month Post op now.. and super happy with results BUT right side is tiny bit puff (nothing like gyno tho) and left side has a tiny indent and a tiny crease still.. but the doc assures me (and I believe too) it should level out over time with fat dispersing over the area ect ect.
I'm back into the weights now too however can't jog anymore as I might need a knee reconstruction (darn - if I was a horse they'd put me down and I'm almost 20!)

Great to hear from you again.
I'm thinking at 4-5month I will take some final pics to post. Good luck

DrBermant

Im nealy 3 mnths post op.
Stil have puffy nippe, noting to major tho, and when i message the area it goes away for a couple of hours.
Other side stll inverts in abit, again tho nothin to major.

I actualy went to the beach the othr day with no shirt on! First time i've done that 15 years.
felt super confident so was good :) Has made the operation all worth while.

Might go back to surgeon in anoter month if i dont see any more improvments to see what she recommendds, but yeah right now even with the puff/invet im 10000000000000000000000000 times happier and much more confident.

Massage and stimulation can stimulate the areola muscle, while contracted, slight puffy nipple complication deformity can be hidden. Once this relaxes, the true deformed contour returns. The other mechanism is that trauma to unhealed tissue can result in swelling indicating that tissues are not yet ready for that degree of abuse. In any case, residual puffy nipples does not look good and understanding options can sometimes lessen anxiety.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline aleksandar

• Posting Member
Pretty much the same here, and had the same surgeon with the original poster. 11 days short of 3 months post-op. 100 times more confident about the way I look and 100 times happier than before surgery. But, right side some puffiness, left some indentation and creasing. Not exactly the look I had in mind before the surgery. I do believe I am still healing (I see changes on a weekly basis), and as far as I understand healing can go on for 5-6 months after surgery. So I'll wait another 3 months, do massaging with Bio-Oil once daily and hope the scar tissue that causes the puffiness will resolve, along with the indentation and creasing. In the meantime I'm back in the gym, hitting my chest muscles hard with various exercises and hoping for a good result overall very soon. I will consider going back to the surgeon to evaluate options if not happy 6 months post-op. Options can involve steroid injections, lifting the skin up to resolve the creasing, or another surgery (God, I hope not: don't think can go through the same again).

All this being said, the surgery even as things are now, was worth the money and the pain.

And to jimboyeeehaw - if you do go to see her, please post here or PM me.

Offline jimboyeeehaw

• Posting Member
yeah also been going to gym and working chest etc, its coming along nicely, feels quite firm/muscular.
Think i might make an appointment tommorow to go see surgeon in a couple of weeks. You cant seem to see the puffyness in the mirror straight or side on, but i can feel it (and see it when i look down). Not to fussed, but think it will always be in back of my mind if i dont get it checked out.. and it costs nothing to go for anothe visit so got nothing to loose :)

I'll report back what happens.

only other issue is the little red dots (i think for the tubes) 1 on each side of my body are taking agggess to disapear. The actual scars on my chest healed up 100% very very quick, no marking or anything visible, little red dots though are taking there sweet time to fade however.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is very common for the peri-areolar scars to heal quite well -- and relatively fast. 

The small scars for the drain tubes tend to take longer to heal and mature -- sometimes 6-12 months -- so be patient.  Ultimately, they should heal to look like a light blemish on the skin.

During the healing phase, best to cover them with sunblock if you should expose them to the sun.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline jimboyeeehaw

• Posting Member
Thanks for that Dr Jacobs :) Good to know its all coming along normal then.

Offline jimboyeeehaw

• Posting Member
Havnt gone to see the doc yet... but for the past month or so i've started doing diff chest exercises, mainly flat & incline flies (plus bench press and all the other normal ones) and the flies seem to be making a diff to the slight puffyness. Seems to be improving now.. I think im about 4-5 months post-op, so could be a coincidence, but you might want to give them a try also Aleks, if your not already.   

Offline jimboyeeehaw

• Posting Member
went to see the Surgeon today. She said to wait another 6-8 weeks to see if the scar/lump goes down (which i think it has started to recently) otherwise she can do something to remove it. Just takes 10 mins aparantly and can do it in her office, no hospital etc. I didnt ask for to many details for some reason..

With creasing on the other side when i flex she said to sort of grab at the skin every now and again as its getting stuck to the tissue or something. Should also come good in time.

I was actualy going to cancel seeing her today as im very happy with results so far, just figured if i've spent all this money I might aswell see what can be done to make it 100% perfect.

=)

Offline jimboyeeehaw

• Posting Member
puffyness due to scar tissue is healing up nicely, big improvements in the past 2 months. I can only feel a little scar tissue now and the puffyness is virtualy gone.

Indent is also getting better.

The little dots on each side of my chest from tubes have also finaly disapeared =)

Offline nufc2011

• Posting Member
I have exact same issue as you by the sounds of it my left nipple has a crease in the ariola itself and my right sight has a puffy ledge of sorts above my nipple which is obvious when I look down (I cant see that nipple for it).

I'm 6 weeks post op today so hopefully things will come good for me too. I'm massaging with cocoa butter at the moment and can feel some scar tissue too.

good luck with yours.

Offline Pooz

• Silver Member
Does scar tissue really cause puffyness after surgery? Didn't know that. I need to start massaging my nipples!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024