Author Topic: The Karidis Journey - Start to finish **22 Days Post Op NEW PIC**  (Read 21150 times)

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Thought I'll start a journal of my journey with Karidis. I'll try keep it short and to the point with as much useful information as possible. Quick history of myself. I've had gyno for a few years now. Haven't been skinny but never heavily overweight either. I've been training weights for years and due to "higher than normal" testosterone levels the gyno developed as hard lumps behind the nipple and also fatty tissue around it. I've dropped my body fat levels and gained a lot of muscle. The result is better looking body but worst looking gyno. After months of researching and different ideas I've finally decided to get it removed for good.

Dr. Karidis comes highly recommended from this site and others. The main advantage is he done so many with the highest success. Practice makes perfect as they say!

I've been in contact via email and last week booked my appointment. The appointment has come, I'm actually sitting in Dr. Karidis's waiting room. I had about 3 hour journey so made sure I left with plenty of time. I'm killing time by writing this up. Some advice is the bring £75 cash to put in the envelope after you completed the forms. You will need your GP's details, name, address, phone number etc. Also there is no on site parking but was lucky to find a space on a road around the corner. Have to pay but was only £1.10 per hour.

Last few days I've been coming up with questions to ask Karidis. Hopefully he answers most of them but if not I'll make sure I get all the answers. I want to be 100% happy before booking the surgery.

I'll update the journal after the consultation and will also keep it updated before the surgery and after. Hopefully people can benefit from my journal. I think the more questions answered before will make the decision easier.

I'll get pictures added when I get home to my laptop.

Any questions just let me know.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:07:34 PM by PecDec »
Surgery with Dr. Karidis - 12th April 2011 - Status: Recovery

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22437.0

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Finally home after whole day of travelling. 3 hours there, 30 minute consultation and another 3 hours to get home. Worth the trip though. Dr. Karidis definately is the best man for the job. His experience is worth the money. Booked the surgery for 2 months time. Gives me a couple of months to drop few more body fat %. Want to ensure great results!

Thank f*ck for sat nav. Nightmare driving in London. Got there in 1 piece... just!

What you need for consultation

1. SAT NAV
2. £75 cash
3. GP details
4. Credit or debit card for parking
5. iPhone for entertainment while waiting
6. Food & drinks. Expensive to buy.

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
I'm thinking of going the Karidis route so will be more than happy to learn from your experience.

Best of luck!

Offline thetodd

I wouldnt drive to london unless its the crack of dawn on the day of the op. i got from brum to karidis's waiting room in 1hr30mins there and the same back using a direct train and the underground. I think my tickets were like £50 return and an all day underground ticket is £6 (for the zone's to st johns). No parking, way quicker no stress, no congestion charge.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
I'm thinking of going the Karidis route so will be more than happy to learn from your experience.

Best of luck!

Cheers mate, I'll try keep it updated with all my experiences. I'll provide as much advice and information as possible.

Hopefully make someone elses experience easier :)

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
I wouldn't drive to London unless its the crack of dawn on the day of the op. i got from brum to karidis's waiting room in 1hr30mins there and the same back using a direct train and the underground. I think my tickets were like £50 return and an all day underground ticket is £6 (for the zone's to st johns). No parking, way quicker no stress, no congestion charge.

I agree if you can take a train go for it.

I'm driving up day before, staying in hotel and have the surgery booked for 07:30 the next morning. Karidis assistant said I should be out by 17:30 same day. Going spend another night and day there before driving back.

Booked hotel only 3 miles away from the hospital so will catch taxi there and back. Newly renovated hotel, free parking at the hotel with breakfast included. All for less than £200 for 2 nights. Most hotels I've found didn't include parking. If there was parking around the hotel it was £15-25 per 24 hours.

Karidis advised he gets discount at a local hotel. I checked with his staff and the hotel is Danubius Regent Park which goes for £350-400 per night. Even with his discount I still wouldn't stay there due to the price. Rather have quiet hotel to relax and recover that doesn't break the bank.

Got my Surgery Pack in the mail this week. With all the legal documents and information needed for the surgery in there. I take multi vitamins, cod liver oil etc every morning but according to the pack I have to stop those 2 weeks before surgery. I'm going read the pack again to make sure I didn't miss anything. Fair bit required before surgery but nothing too hard though.

If anyone needs more information or got any questions just ask :)

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Before I forget again I'll add some pictures. I've been on mission to drop body fat % but still maintain muscle growth.

No fast foods, high protein diet, carbs only on training days and as much cardio as possible.

Still got some bf% to drop but got several weeks until surgery.

Hopefully be enough time :)

Before - high bf%

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/pic1oo.jpg

http://img716.imageshack.us/i/pic4dj.jpg

http://img534.imageshack.us/i/pic3t.jpg

Before - dropped some bf%

http://img706.imageshack.us/i/img0200jwt.jpg

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/img0201pg.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/i/img0202mw.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/i/img0203g.jpg

Offline ShakerMaker

• Posting Member
I'm hoping to book with Karidis next week so this will help me out alot, cheers mate.

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Hi guys

Haven't updated the journal for awhile so thought I'll do one tonight.

At my consultation I asked to have a letter to give to my GP to get the blood work done.

If I got it done from St Johns it would be £120, so to minimize costs I decided to go to my local GP.

Went to get it done today. Rarely go to the Doctors so don't have a "family" doctor.

He was a bit apprehensive about me getting the blood work done through the NHS when I'm going private for the surgery.

In the end he still let me get it done.

Came from the angle that I was going to get it through NHS but instead went private so really I saved the NHS money lol.

I had went to the same doctor actually years ago to see if anything could be done about my gyno.

He literally said no there isn't and offered me no options or advice.

Useless NHS doctors!

Did all the research myself and decided to go private with Karidis rather than waste my time with the NHS.

Surgery is now only 3 weeks from today.

Can't wait to get it done now. All that's left is paying for it.

I'll get another set of pre op pics then with the post op pics on here after surgery.

Let just hope I get the good results everyone else has got on here :)

Offline ad21

• Bronze Member
Mate you have no worries in going with Karidis!  All you need to do is turn up and let the man do his magic!  Seriously i would recomend anyone going to karidis! When my missus took off my plasters she was extremely impressed! And she has had boob job nose job done before! She even said if she gets anything else done she is going with Karidis.

Plus he does all the celebs, jodie marsh, kerry katona! So you know your dealing with the best

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Yeah nice one mate, Karidis is definately the man for the job.

Spent months if not years researching all about it before I actually booked the surgery.

Started off with maybe going through NHS, which was quickly ended when I heard all the negative results.

Next was either Poland or Prague because it's cheap at between £1500-£2000.

When researching it more found even though it's cheap you got to take in consulation, flying over there, hotels, checks ups and the places don't speak english so could turn out to be more hassle than it's worth. Especially for follow ups or even a revision.

As they say you "Pay for what you get"

Decided it had to be in the UK so it was either Levick or Karidis.

Thanks to this site my decision was pretty much made for me by seeing all the great results.

Not just people talking sh*t but actual photos and real life experiences.

It's been priceless, made the decision a lot easier and simplier.

Not long and i'll have it done and can see the man's handy work :)

Good luck with the recover ad21, keep us updated.

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
My story has been the same as you just described, PecDec; can't believe what a sh*te reputation the NHS has got. I'm actually glad they turned me down. I'm going under the knife with Karidis in two weeks, so beat you by a week! :P

... Just wish I'd done it years ago.

Offline vegasgo

• Posting Member
Interesting fact re The Hospital of St. John & St. Elizabeth (Karidis). If you depart from the the back entrance (open to public as well as the main one), you come out opposite Cavendish Avenue. No.7 is the home of Paul McCartney.

If rumours he had a face lift in New York a couple of years ago are true, perhaps he should have gone to Karidis, a bit nearer...

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Well the day has finally arrived and I've checked into my room, filled out the forms, got into my gown, put on my circulation socks, been marked up and now waiting to go in for the surgery. Actually looking forward to it can't wait to see the results. Nice sunny day in London as well.

Once everything is done and I'm back in my hotel I'll do another update with pictures.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
By the time you read this you will be moob free!!!!
Enjoy the sleeping over the next 48 hours...I'm smashed and would love to be in recovery mode right now chilling in bed for the next couple of days..Get some pics up PecDec so we can see whats happening  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024