Author Topic: Swelling - how long realistically should it take to go down?  (Read 12019 times)

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
As the title says, how long should it take to go down?

My left hand side seems to have gone down a fair amount, but my right hand side is still fairly swollen - at least I hope it's swelling!

Trying hard not to get down about it, but it's really difficult. I'm 2 and a bit months post op with Mr Levick and was really hoping that I'd be starting to get a result by now...he tells me not to worry but it's really difficult when it still feels exactly the same as it did pre op...except I have two scars.

:(
Surgery with Mr. Levick on Thursday 18th August 2011 - currently recovering!

Offline ITrecruit

• Posting Member
Mate takes time, in some cases 6 months.

My right breast looks fine with but my left is a lumpy, i expected this and I am only 5 weeks post-op.

I think it varies from person to person, are you massaging? i think thats very important, good rub makes a big difference. spend good 5 minutes on the breast.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
took over 5 months for my right side to go down and it's still not 100%. Im 6 month tomorrow post op and I'm about 98% done I would say.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
The worst thing about my case is that it doesn't feel like swelling - my moobs are definitely smaller than they were, but at no point have I been completely flat like some cases that I see on here....

It's incredibly frustrating.

On top of all this, I don't know how many times I've asked Mr. Levick and his Secretary's to send me photo's of post-op - still not had anything at all...

I plan to go in and see Levick next week at some point, I don't want to sound like I'm moaning to him - but it feels like he's missed a step out with me :(

Offline improving

• Silver Member
To be fair mate you have every right to moan if you're not satisfied. You are a customer at the end of the day.

Perhaps you could post some pics ? It's suggested that the healing process can be your mind playing tricks on you etc. Maybe a 2nd opinion from the lads would help. I assume even though its generally a rollercoaster, some peoples ups and downs are more then others.

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member
Yeah post some pics.
Also, just wondering, have you tried using arnica & lots of pineapple? If so, did that seem to have any effect on the swelling?

I know a lot of people on here swear by pineapple for it's ability to reduce swelling & bruising.
I'm a big fan of pineapple shakes;
cut up some pineapple and chuck it in a blender with water, ice cubes & a little sugar.

It's really more of a summer drink - and even better with a shot of rum in it, but I'll be having a few of those a day post-op (without the rum of course!).

I also bought some bromelain tablets (which is basically pineapple extract) and plan to pop a couple of those a day and see how I get on with it.
Surgery with Alex Karidis 8/11/11. Currently recovering.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
I'll get some pictures up tonight - after a comment that my mate made at the weekend I am rock bottom again.

So depressed.

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Have you been in touch with Levick about your concerns mate? Has he suggested you may need revision or is he still insisting the swelling will go?

Did you ever get those post op pictures from Levick that you were after?

Feel for you mate, I hope its just swelling and you start to see big improvements soon.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Before as taken by Mr. Levick:

After, taken today:

It's blatently not as bad as it was, but it's still depressing - I'm over 3 months post op now and it seems like it's getting worse again...I don't understand.

Here is a photo just after I took the bandages off, do you think it looks better there or better now?

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Hi mate, I can see why your dissapointed especially after having a mate take the piss, afterall that is probably one of the reasons why you had the op in the 1st place to avoid that kind of shit.
On the brighter side of things it is a vast improvement on your pre-op pic, looks like you may need Levick to do some revision work but fingers crossed it is only swelling and after 6 mths it does go down, best of luck.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
It's incredibly frustrating.

I'm beginning to get feeling back in the right nipple too - not in the left though. Do you think that there is some gland left in the right?

I'm really struggling to pick myself up, I'm still having to cover up - not at all what I expected.

I'm also guessing that Mr. Levick won't do anything for a while either - really dunno what to do.

:(

Offline gruffgrogg

Don't want to sound harsh - but you still have a bit of weight to lose.

Make sure you eat properly & excercise well - I would focus on this religiously for the next 8 weeks or so, and then see where you're at. It would also give you something to focus on instead of just your chest - Levick isn't going to even consider revision until about 6 months post op - so why not focus on your fitness & weight loss until then and see where it takes you? - I find if you have targets & things to aim for it makes the healing process a lot easier  :)

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Don't want to sound harsh - but you still have a bit of weight to lose.

Make sure you eat properly & excercise well - I would focus on this religiously for the next 8 weeks or so, and then see where you're at. It would also give you something to focus on instead of just your chest - Levick isn't going to even consider revision until about 6 months post op - so why not focus on your fitness & weight loss until then and see where it takes you? - I find if you have targets & things to aim for it makes the healing process a lot easier  :)

But surely the idea is, that the lipo strips the fat from the chest. I would agree that further weight loss would obviously look much better, i'm just saying from the operation surely one can expect a nice flat contour after lipo and excision because the fat and gland are gone.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
I know I'm not the slimmest - but I've seen lads on here bigger than me that are completely flat...

I've booked an appointment for the end of the month to discuss again - ill try and lose as much weight as possible in the meantime...

I don't know why things havent worked out for me properly - I followed all the guidelines - took arnica, wore my vest for the right time and ate better - it's so frustrating...feels like its coming back :(

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Have you been massaging at all? Have you tried pushing any swelling / fluid away from the area, trying to see if you can help drain it into other areas in your body?
Have you been eating and drinking more since having had the op?

I won't lie mate, it looks more swollen since other photo immediately afterwards ( could it be the angle of the photo from taken from a lower position?) . I can't imagine Levick has left tissue behind as it looked pretty damn flat and i can't imagine if it was coming back it would grow back that damn fast either? He is the best man to give you the answers, but hopefully you can get an improvement before then as something to hold onto  :-\

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024