Author Topic: Surgery without Parental Consent?  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Ab6022

Hey guys, I'm a new member. I'm currently 16 years old and I work giving out fliers. I've been hiding gyno from my parents since It first was visible at age of 13. I made about 5,000$ from working for past 8 montths and I was curious if I could get a surgery without parental consent. I really am tired of having this, I can't handle it anymore. I'm good looking guy who wants to show his confidence, I workout 5 times a week and I can't show off any of it due to my gyno, I always have to hide it. I can never go swimming or anything like that. I understand that this is probably a typical talk from " gyno victim " , but I really can not handle this lifestyle of wearing tight tanks and hiding under loose shirts. So my question is, Can I get a gyno surgery without parental consent, if so, where and how much is it approx. in Brooklyn, New York? 

Notice: If I have to get it with consent I will, but please be honest with me. Will doctors deny surgery due to my age? Will they try to persuade me not to get it? Thanks for taking your time.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
In New York, as in most states, the age for consent is 18 years.  Earlier than that, you MUST have a parental consent for any medical or surgical procedure.

It sounds as if you have not been to a physician.  Would suggest a discussion with your parents to get them on your side, then a visit to a plastic surgeon for a realistic discussion and recommendations about your condition.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024