Author Topic: A success story from Mumbai, India.  (Read 7915 times)

Offline werewolf

Hi everyone. First of all a great thanks to the founders of this site. Its a great platform to share experiences and to know people across the world suffering from similar problems. I had referred a lot of material from this site and today I have been successfully able to get rid of the bilateral gynecomastia condition I suffered from.

Am 25 years old and I hail from Mumbai, India. As far as I remember I had known this condition since I was maybe 10 years old. Till date it had caused me lot of embarrassment. I had never been out swimming and always had a shirt on, being conscious all the time. And recently, one fine day, I decided that enough is enough and something needs to be done, that too, at the earliest. I visited a private clinic and I was advised ultrasound assisted liposuction and was asked to do some basic medical tests and blood reports. Later I came across numerous articles on the net which suggested that traditional liposuction beats ultrasound assisted liposuction on many accounts. Thats when I decided to look out for other options.

I digged in the internet for hours and zeroed upon Dr. Samir Kumta. Fortunately my friend's mother, who happens to be a noted doctor as well, also suggested Dr. Kumta to me. Well, with no further delay I took an appointment and went ahead to meet him in Lilavati (one of Mumbai's premier hospitals in Bandra). Dr. Kumta, a very professional medico and a good natured person, examined me and explained me everything from the process, post operative conditions and cost structure. He suggested traditional liposuction. I decided to go ahead with him.

It would have been a wrong decision to make had I went ahead with private clinics. Reason being Lilavati is a huge hospital where one of the best doctors and anaesthetics are available 24/7. Surgeries conducted under general anaesthesia have to be performed and monitored by skilled hands. And of course hospital services are readily available in case needed in extreme cases.

So finally the surgery was scheduled for 15th December and it went perfectly fine. The hospital staff was extremely caring as well. And as of today I can see the results for myself. Absolutely amazing!! Of course there is some swelling know which will gradually subside in few days time and also I need to wear a certain pressure garment to attain better results. So everything ends well and am very happy that finally I got rid of it.

The cost structure - Dr. Kumta generally charges $550(approx. INR 24200). Of course the rates would differ depending on the method suggested and other factors. The hospital has different classes - twin sharing, single, delux etc. So you can choose accordingly as per your convenience and budget. You can confirm the rates of the hospital by contacting them at  www.lilavatihospital.com . If you need to contact Dr. Kumta personally on his cell you can drop a reply to me and i'll let you know. You can also google on Dr. Samir Kumta to know more about him and his achievements.

Once again thanks to everyone here. I have learnt a lot from you guys. All the best and take care.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 09:41:39 AM by werewolf »

Offline desi

• Gold Member
did u get excision or lipo?
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline werewolf

lipo. excision has lot of disadvantages to go along with it and not practiced these days.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
who says excision has disadvantages..??

Offline tsjas

• Bronze Member
I have a feeling that this guy is here to advertise for this hospital. This is a fake "success story". This is his first post and the post reads more like an advertisement than a real story. I may be wrong but this is my opinion.

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
I second that. This guy's got "fraud" written all over him. "Excision is not practiced anymore"??? HUH?

Offline desi

• Gold Member
honestly, it doesnt look like an ad... i know this becoz im from mumbai, lilavati is a big and a very good hospital. for some reason, i feel the guy has been convinced by his doc that lipo is the way to go. i wnet thru it 2 yrs back.. and here i am dissatisfied.. and lookin to finalize on a doc that does excision..

trust me, doctors in india have lot of patients and make enough money. the last thing they would want to go abt doing is advertising via posts here..

Offline werewolf

Look before you leap is what we learn in school. Rather than cribbing about something look at things that could help you out. Lilavati is too huge a hospital to advertise itself on a forum. Secondly I have been very impressed with the results just the 4th day after surgery and hence mentioned the doctor's name. Anything else guys?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 12:28:37 AM by werewolf »

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
Ok, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...but I don't understand why you wouldn't get excision? If you only get lipo, this suggest to me

a) you don't really have gyn, and could achieve the same results by going to the gym and losing the fat

or

b) you have gyn, and though lipo may be an improvement, you will still have gyn (since this is breast tissue and cannot be "burnt" away like fat)

Not trying to ruin your experience, but I'm just curious.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
i agree with mtl..hey werewolf, did the doc convince u to get lipo only?

Offline werewolf

Well, I had tried that out, the gym part I mean, I did lose weight but the ratio was still maintained. As in I couldn't achieve a flat chest. I guess its more due to the fact that fat deposition patter on the body is decided by your genes and in some cases even herculean efforts of cardio doesn't reduce it. So I had consulted two noted surgeons and my dad as well who confirmed that it was majorly fats and a bit of glandular gynecomastia on the right side. (I come from a family entirely from a medical background, apart from me). So lipo was the thing suggested and excision was ruled out. I have heard cases of haematoma, scarring, loss of nipple shape in case of excision. Of course these could arise in lipo as well but the chances are lesser, as far as I know. So thats it.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
congratulations on the success.  you might want to post a link to your post in the asia section if you haven't done so already, as it could be useful to the more than occasional inquirer from india.  thanks for typing your story up. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline gyne28

• Posting Member
Hi,

I am 28 years old from Mumbai, India. I have gynecomastia since i was 12. Recently on 8th Nov 2011 i had visited a plastic surgeon Dr. Sandeep Jain who is known gynecomatia doctor. After checkup he told me that he perform excision, liposuction & skin tightening on me. He told that my gland size is big enough & my weight is not constant so skin tightening is must. But i am pretty doubtfull on skin tightening as this required on very severe cases & i think mine is not so severe.Might be he may be correct in order to avoid carter deformation or any skin loosening effect in future.

My details:
Weight: 68 kg (+/- 3-4 kg quick weight fluctuations)
Height: 5.8 ft
Skin type: Loose & soft than normal man skin

I have attached my recent pics.
Please have a look & let me know the best Surgeons & best surgery procedure to be performed on me.

Regards,
SA

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024