Author Topic: Telling your girlfriend/family member.  (Read 7447 times)

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Your mother should not be blaming herself nor should you approach her in a way that would tend to assign any blame.

The simple fact is that the various conditions with glandular or genetic basis are still not fully understood. This is true even among many Medical Professionals. We hear often from men who have General Practice Physicians who are quite uninformed regarding Gynecomastia for example. If there are Medical professionals who are not informed regarding these issues, how could anyone outside the medical profession be expected to be better informed?

Keep in mind that medical telemetry equipment, MRI, CT scans and Ultra-Sound have all come into use within the last 50 years. It is also true that most of the drugs now in common use did not exist in their present form 15 years ago.

Don't allow yourself to get stuck in the past, The "good old days" were actually pretty bad.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Sharky

• Posting Member
I don't blame her but worry that she may blame herself. The Kleinfelters which lead to the Gyne - I cannot get my head around why the surgeon, who treated me for the undescended testicle didn't flag alarms that I have very small testes, about 3mm across. After all, he took it out and had a look! If there was testicular cancer presumably he would have spotted it and taken action. I am not looking for any to say it was their fault as that does not help - it is high time to explain to my mother why she has no grandchildren and why I am so misshapen... :-\

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024