Author Topic: Puffy nipples after surgery  (Read 5016 times)

Offline chipmunkgore

• Posting Member
Hi i just had gynecomastia surgery 5 days ago. The surgeon removed the glandular tissue and some fat (i had lipo without glandular excision done the year before). The strange thing is that my nipples are puffy yet lumpy and numb. Is this normal?

DrBermant

Hi i just had gynecomastia surgery 5 days ago. The surgeon removed the glandular tissue and some fat (i had lipo without glandular excision done the year before). The strange thing is that my nipples are puffy yet lumpy and numb. Is this normal?

For some techniques, 5 days is just too early to tell what is going on. No, for my patients, the breast is flat at the end of the operation and usually stays that way. That is the value of a doctor posting examples of how their patients' Swelling and Bruising After Gynecomastia Surgery typically progresses. There can be many possible causes for a Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia Complication After Surgery, swelling after surgery is just one. Why not post some Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures to better help others understand your concerns? 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline chipmunkgore

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply Dr Bermant.

I had my surgery on the 3rd of december. My left nipple seems fine whereas the right nipple seems a little puffy and less flat. Could it be because my surgeon removed less breast tissue on the right side or it it simply due to swelling?

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member
my left side is healing slower than right.. my doc said " no good reason"  but may be thats the case with u 2
====================================================================
My Before and After :
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21866.msg148419#msg148419
====================================================================

Offline chipmunkgore

• Posting Member
thanks thezombie. my nipples feel  hard as though there are lumps beneath. What could those lumps be?

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member
before I answer wot the Lumps could be. can I ask if you had drains?

Offline chipmunkgore

• Posting Member
yes i had drains which were removed on the 3rd day (2nd day for right side)

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member
ok i m not a  doc..but as per my research with Mr.Google ..those lumps cud be formed by some minor internal bleeding..but its nothing to worry about..they disintegrate within like 2-3 month. i wont be worried at this stage. but if the lump size stays the same size after 2-3 months I may visit my doctor...

Offline chipmunkgore

• Posting Member
Hi thezombie. Thanks alot for your research. Just to ask, what is the name of the bleeding which you mentioned?

Thanks

DrBermant

ok i m not a  doc..but as per my research with Mr.Google ..those lumps cud be formed by some minor internal bleeding..but its nothing to worry about..they disintegrate within like 2-3 month. i wont be worried at this stage. but if the lump size stays the same size after 2-3 months I may visit my doctor...

A residual blood collection does not always go away. As the body attempts to dissolve it, a residual thickened internal scar can cause a significant contour problem. I have seen many patients over the years unhappy with this deformity after surgery done elsewhere. Waiting until the tissue heals and stabilizes is the first step. Even better, not having a contour problem at the end of the surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024