Author Topic: Sodium intake - water retention  (Read 7095 times)

Offline student111

• Posting Member
'Yes, high amounts of sodium can lead to water retention because water moves by osmosis from a high to a lower water potential. The sodium lowers the water potential of the cells, which draws water into your cells. this causes the water retention. So sodium intake COULD be one possibility'

well from tommorow I aint salting anything..well see..btw I noticed my nipples are less puffy in the morning and after workout for about hour or so..theres definitely some connection..have to figure it out

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If your eyes are puffy when you awaken, That could be a fluid retention problem.

If your feet and ankles are swollen at the end of the day, That could be a fluid retention problem.

If your puffiness changes over the course of the day you might have a valid point. I would expect the fluids to be effected by gravity over the course of a day. If there is little or no change then you are barking up the wrong tree.

Most of us consume way too much salt so going without the salt shaker is not a problem for most people. There are exceptions though. Last week I visited Death Valley and was subsisting almost entirely on fresh fruit. Having lost a lot of salt through perspiration, I was actually sick for lack of salt.

Be Careful.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024