Author Topic: therapeutic rant  (Read 3857 times)

Offline charley3

• Posting Member
So not only do I have gynecomastia but I also believe I suffer from sexual anhedonia (basically I can ejaculate but I don't have orgasms). Woo how sweet life is. My memories fuzzy but I believe I only had real orgasms for like the first month that I started masturbating, so its been like 10 years... This coupled with gynecomastia means that I don't have much incentive to sleep around.. other then the fact that my libido is normal for a young man (high), which is just plain cruel... I read that low testosterone can cause sexual anhedonia, but I think my testosterone levels are fine because I am fit and have no problem building muscle. I want to get my hormones tested but I read it costs 4-500 bucks and I simply don't have the money right now.

I am also 10 days post-op from gynecomastia surgery and I'm pretty confident the surgery was a failure and I'll need a revision - right now I think my surgeon is either incompetent or careless or both. Your probably thinking I'm crazy for not getting my hormones tested before the surgery but my gynecomastia has been stable for almost a decade and I had no tenderness whatsoever.
Since I will probably need a revision surgery I should start saving up money but that will be hard because I am in college. It will cost ~$14,000 this year and I am taking student loans to pay for it, along with the help of my parents. I have two more years as an undergraduate before I plan to go to graduate school for an MD or MD/PHD, which will mean 5-7 more years as a graduate. To summarize, I have 7-9 years before I will be done with school and by that time I will probably have accrued a lot of debt. I don't have tons of opportunities to make money to pay for these stupid medical problems. For example, next summer I have to study for and take the MCAT and also do research.

I realize that I cannot dwell on negative thoughts because that will just make me depressed and that I should just ignore my problems and be happy. So I plan on distracting myself by putting all my effort into school when it starts in about a week. This is probably a good thing because my classes are ridiculously hard this year; I'm taking biology, organic chemistry, and physical chemistry at the same time. Physical chemistry is rumored to be stupid hard - like people sell "honk if you passed p-chem" bumper stickers... Whatever it will probably be fine.

:-\

I wrote this just to get it out of my system. Anyone want to cheer me up?   :D I don't know,tell me some story about how in comparison, I don't have it bad at all.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Charley3,

(basically I can ejaculate but I don't have orgasms)

That can be for a variety of causes.  Are you circumcised or not? Some neurological retraining might help if that is the only situation or part of it. Also, there is a specific vitamin, a deficiency of which can cause exactly that problem; no orgasm or perhaps another way of saying it, not enough orgasmic intensity to feel it.

As this vitamin deficiency can also cause any of a lot of other symptoms, many generally ignored, it can often be determined by symptoms. Those with a lot of symptoms will usually show a response to a single dose of this vitamin within a couple of hours. Let me  know if you would like to find out any more.  This could cheer you up I hope.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024