Author Topic: I have been saving and now I am ready for a surgery, now what?  (Read 1517 times)

Offline attila1905

• Posting Member
I have been dealing with this pubertal gyno since I turned 16.
Now I am 34 and I put 2-3K on the side to get rid of this problem. Firstly, is this enough? I have a very mild case but enough to make me stay away from tight fitting shirts
Who do i go? What do I need to do now?
I am in nw burbs/ schaumburg area.

hammer

I have no idea where that is that you live! I'm in Mini-snow-da (Minnesota) I don't think your anywhere close and I was in a lot of places in the Navy but not where you are, at lease that I can remember, lol.

Anyway, you ask what is next? Find yourself a very good experienced gynecomastia surgeon that really makes you feel comfortable and leaves you feeling like your leaving your life in very good hands. Don't let money be to deciding factor here. If you don't have enough check in to financing or wait a little longer!

Good luck!

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I cheated and looked at the map. You are not far from Chicago. There should be a good number of well qualified surgeons near you.

The amount you have saved is short of enough for a good surgeon at a good facility and you really want both. The good news is that if you have decent credit you should be able to finance the remainder.

When I pull up this site I have a list of featured Doctors listed and pictured at the right side of my screen. In my case, they are all within a 100 mile or two hour driving radius of where I live.

Welcome to the site and good luck.
Grandpa Dan

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
I am in Northern Illinois. Lots of choices in Chicago and burbs.

Sorry to say this but keep saving. I think 5-6 grand is what you will probably need, but if its very minor maybe not so much. Unless you want to finance the rest which you maybe able to do, my doctor had brochures on lending options.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024