Author Topic: Great Brassiere Adventure  (Read 3465 times)

Offline 42CSurprise!

As a person not yet prepared to visit a boutique for a consultation and then spend big bucks to buy a brassiere, I've been engaging in the crap shoot sometimes talked about on the board.  Eventually I found a manufacturer and particular style that with a few tweaks works very well for me.  I keep mentioning it, often with a link should anyone else want to check it out.

Lilyette Plunge into Comfort Keyhole Minimizer Brassiere

When it appeared the style had been discontinued and being aware of comments that suggest brassieres wear out, I scrambled to find bras in my size.  I stumbled on a SALE and bought three brassieres.  Though the same style number, two of them, one in black and one in white, had a different fabric in the cups.  I decided that for $14.99 each I should buy a few more.  I placed a second order for four brassieres, three jacguard and one with a normal cup.  I tracked the shipment and it reported the package was delivered last Friday... but it wasn't in or near my mailbox.  The previous shipment had been delivered in a box at my doorstep.

I visited their website the next day and they had a note that said "wait a few days and check with neighbors."  I decided NOT to check with neighbors to ask whether they had a package for me from Bare Necessities.  I waited, then called again on Tuesday.  We checked the order and I saw for the first time that the address was wrong.  I hadn't registered with the site so don't have an account.  My first thought was that I typed the wrong address, but then recalled my address is somewhat unique and not every company recognizes it.  Often they modify the address, believing I've made a mistake.  I don't know what happened but the woman on the line was very accommodating.  She credited my account.  As we spoke, I recalled the time SIXTEEN years ago when a very expensive camera I'd bought on E-Bay was delivered to another address in the town where I live.  It was delivered to a home with the same number and the first half of the street name of my home.  It was perhaps a week later that the person at that address, who was decorating a new home and who received dozens of packages, finally came upon the package with my name.  I realized my brassieres were likely delivered to the same address.  I told the woman I'd check and if I found the package I'd pay for them.  She said that isn't really possible.  If I find them they're mine to keep.

I didn't recall the owners name and did a search.  It was a new owner but all the telephone numbers were older.  I left a message but wasn't hopeful.  Then I had the bright idea of composing a letter and dropping it off at the home, asking if they'd received my package.  When I got to the house, high on a hill in a quite exclusive neighborhood there wasn't a mailbox.  I searched high and low.  For a moment I thought I'd leave my letter near the garage door but then remembered that many of the homes on these hills with narrow winding streets often had mailboxes on the main road.

I drove down the hill and saw a cluster of mailboxes, one of which had the number I sought.  I parked and walked to the box.  I was about to slip the letter into the slot when I saw a grey plastic bag in the grass.  I picked it up and it was addressed to me at that address.  It had been lying in the grass for five days!

So I'm the happy owner of four beautiful brassieres that do nice things to my breasts that cost me nothing.  I think it is time to register with Bare Necessities and give them a bit more business.  Perhaps I can try another style from a different manufacturer.  What an adventure!

Below is one of those brassieres, this with the plain unlined cups.  I'm now well stocked for the future... though that likely won't stop me from shopping some more...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 01:20:35 PM by 42CSuprise! »

Offline Newby

• Posting Member
I am glad you were able to find your package.  I have the same bra and it is one I wear often.  

Offline 42CSurprise!

I was shocked to find it but definitely happy that I did.  It is an amazing brassiere and I'm glad I was able to find a way to enjoy it.  My chest is larger than the largest band size so I need an extender.  The extender slides the shoulder straps out so far that they won't stay in place without a strap.  Now with the extender and strap the brassiere fits perfectly.  I worked that hard simply because the unlined cups that consist of two very thin layers of silky soft material are so sumptuous both in appearance and feel.  They also fit my breasts well. 

I tried a number of different brassieres and learned the lesson much talked about here, that manufacturers are all over the place when it comes to sizing.  I appreciate the suggestion we should go in for a fitting so we can be properly sized.  I've not felt comfortable doing that so I was left to my own devices.  That is no doubt the reason I was drawn to less expensive options like this Lilyette style.  I've browsed the sites recommended by folks here and am well aware that spending over a hundred dollars for a brassiere is possible.  Fifty to a hundred dollars is the norm... so $15 to 25 seems a steal.  We each find our own way... which is a good thing.  Acceptance is key.  How we go forward from there is a very personal matter.

Offline SideSet

Nice looking bra and you look good in it.  Glad all turned out well.  Would have been something if the bras had been received by someone open minded about men with breasts like women and wearing bras like women do.  Could have been a wonderful introduction

Offline 42CSurprise!

I'm not certain I want to be the evangelist trying to convince the world that men wearing brassieres is a wonderful thing.  We know what happened to many of those evangelists. 

I think I'll reserve my enthusiasm for male breasts for this august group, aware, of course, that our breasts are NOT just like women's breasts... they tend to be wide spread with nipples at the bottom of the breast rather that in the middle.  They also tend to have less mass at the top of the breast.  These realities make it challenging to find a brassiere that holds and enhances our breasts.  But we're men accustomed to solving problems, so we're up to the task... 8)

Orb

I'm not certain I want to be the evangelist trying to convince the world that men wearing brassieres is a wonderful thing.  We know what happened to many of those evangelists. 

I think I'll reserve my enthusiasm for male breasts for this august group, aware, of course, that our breasts are NOT just like women's breasts... they tend to be wide spread with nipples at the bottom of the breast rather that in the middle.  They also tend to have less mass at the top of the breast.  These realities make it challenging to find a brassiere that holds and enhances our breasts.  But we're men accustomed to solving problems, so we're up to the task... 8)
If you won't do it, that places a bigger burden on the rest of us.  ;D
Ha I don't think I want to be that outspoken advocate either.  I'm happy to encourage members here to accept things as they come and themselves.  
That is a nice bra by the way.  I did stop to Macy's and collect one.  Very nice inexpensive bra.  Soft and flattering.  I do like that style as noted and the Bali sister to that one.  Keep up the positive outlook and messages.

Offline 42CSurprise!

I was happy to have added these four brassieres to my collection last month but I didn't fully appreciate how much I'd enjoy the jacquard fabric version of the brassiere.  Both versions have the same style number and are advertised as "minimizer" brassieres.  My guess is that word is used for bras that are unlined... as though elimination of any form of lining makes the breasts appear smaller.  I know many of the guys here prefer some form of shaping in the cups to keep nipples from showing.  There is probably also benefit in pulling our breasts into a more attractive shape... something that begins with using an underwire brassiere.  A shaped cup can contribute as well.

The first version of the Lilyette Plunge into Comfort brassiere that I show above has two very thin layers of material in the cups which every effectively pull my breasts into shape.  They also slightly compress my breasts.  The version with what is called a jacquard fabric is not quite as elasticized.  I'm not certain whether my breasts are growing, or whether it is the jacquard brassiere but I definitely have a fuller bosom when I wear that brassiere... more than a handful.8)  It also has a slightly longer band because I can wear the 42C without an extender.  The first version in the same size does require an extender.

This is what the jacquard brassiere looks like on a model.  Below that is a more modest presentation on me... in my usual tee shirt.

Offline gyneco_jason

• Bronze Member
Looks like you found a great bra. A lot of guys who've tried bras for gynecomastia are familiar with minimizers; the bra in my profile pic is a Dominique minimizer. Holds everything in place without adding volume.

Offline Puna

• Posting Member
40 and up is hard to fine, I’ve been using extender’s ever since I’ve discovered extender’s. Also you got more adjustments to play with to find the what’s comfortable.

Offline 42CSurprise!

Looks like you found a great bra. A lot of guys who've tried bras for gynecomastia are familiar with minimizers; the bra in my profile pic is a Dominique minimizer. Holds everything in place without adding volume.
I've always appreciated the brassiere you show us.  It is a beautiful way of presenting your breasts.  We can't ask for more than that.  And yes, minimizers mean what you see is what you get... real breasts.  Amazing!

Offline 42CSurprise!

40 and up is hard to fine, I’ve been using extender’s ever since I’ve discovered extender’s. Also you got more adjustments to play with to find the what’s comfortable.
I stumbled my way to a solution with this brassiere that fits my breasts perfectly.  I found a few others in larger sizes that were appealing with silky soft unlined cups but the frames were too heavy and they became uncomfortable.  I first found the extender but with the straps farther out on my shoulders they kept slipping off.  I've seen women adjust the straps of their brassiere and initially it didn't bother me.  It actually felt a little sexy to be adjusting the strap knowing the brassiere was holding MY breasts.  But then I found a strap that holds the brassiere straps in place.  It changed the feeling completely and my favorite brassiere was perfect on my body.  The setup requires me to hook the brassiere behind my back which would be much more difficult if the brassiere had three hooks instead of two.  Also, I'm not limited in shoulder movement so I can get the job done.

I posted the photo before, but it shows off how well this Lilyette brassiere fits.

Dudewithboobs

I’m glad it’s worked for you. Sorry it’s gotta have the added obstacle to fit right and well rather than just the bra itself but thankful they make modifiers like that for simple and functional and successful use for those who need it. My wife uses them on some bras and they don’t look like a hassle but just annoying so hopefully it’s been easy for you to adjust to using them. 
The bra strap slipping is something I’m definitely familiar with in a bra I had that I absolutely loved and think just use got loose on the strap elasticity but still wore it as it did it’s job for me. There’s been a few times at work that I’d catch myself reaching in my shirt and just second nature grabbing and pulling a strap back on my shoulder and a few times it’s slipped and the snap sound that only comes from a bra strap rang like a bell lol. Definitely have had moments where I’d catch a neighbor at work turning their head toward me out my peripheral and my brain going I bet she just seen you do what she knows all too well and adjusted your bra strap. 
But same here while having breasts and wearing a bra was never on my bucket list lol it’s definitely something I find kind of sexy to myself when I adjust my strap or cross my arms or in the restroom and do a quick tug on the cups to re adjust and feeling MY chest moving and filling the cups it’s something of a personal thrill I’ve come to enjoy. 

Busted (and happy)

Hi 42 
Probably a daft question but have you been formally measured nand fitted. 
Bras come in so many shapes and sizes that I can't help feeling that if you need extenders you have (like 80% of ladies), probably got the wrong size and/or style bra.
No offense meant. It is certainly an opinion my fitter would share.... 
Of course as always you might be the rare exception that proves the rule

Offline 42CSurprise!

Hi 42
Probably a daft question but have you been formally measured nand fitted.
Bras come in so many shapes and sizes that I can't help feeling that if you need extenders you have (like 80% of ladies), probably got the wrong size and/or style bra.
No offense meant. It is certainly an opinion my fitter would share....
Of course as always you might be the rare exception that proves the rule
No offense taken.  I've mentioned before that I've never had a formal fitting, so my journey with brassieres has definitely been a crap shoot.  I've never had the courage to visit a store and ask for a fitting.  I appreciate reading about experiences of men here who've been fitted.  I've also mentioned that I haven't felt the need to wear a brassiere full-time.  I'm not feeling any physical discomfort with my breasts at the moment.  I've learned over the years to dress in a way that minimizes attention to my chest and rather like the way I dress.  I'm long retired so I don't need to wear the uniform... dress shirt and tie. 

My exploration of brassieres is a bit more complicated than most of the men here by virtual of sexual trauma I experienced as a boy that led to crossdressing when I was a teen.  So this is the confluence of gynecomastia which has increased as I age and trauma related healing I've been doing for many years.  Shopping for brassieres and talking with men about wearing them touches both physical and psychological dimensions of who I am.  Along the way I learned quite a bit about brassieres and became comfortable with wearing one on occasion, not as a fetish but for the comfort, which is as much emotional as it is physical.  As I said... its complicated.

I have brassieres that fit me without extenders or straps... in 42C, 44C, 44B and 46B.  That simple fact demonstrates the variation that exists in sizing.  None of these brassieres cost more than $20.  At that price I can afford to experiment.  I note the bras favored by men here, so I'm well aware that a quality brassiere can cost a great deal more than I'm paying.  If I wore a brassiere full-time, every day, I'd be willing to invest in a better quality bra.  In the meantime, I'm very happy with the compromises I've made. 

I appreciate your comment... doubtless, having a formal fitting would be the best way to find the best brassiere.    We'll see what the future holds.

Busted (and happy)

If you are happy then it is no one else's business.
Plucking up courage for a fitting is difficult even under ideal circumstances.
In my case I phoned a large UK national store and explained that I didn't want to embarrass anyone or be embarrassed. The result was a suggested "quiet time" and an appointment with a named assistant - better for both of us.
She discretely flitted from stock to the men's fitting area. I will be for ever grateful.
The future was then much brighter and cheaper. M&S bras are easily available on ebay. Sizing seems remarkably consistent and I keep the a few styles I know work. Usually I only pay between £5 - 20.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 04:54:07 AM by Busted (and happy) »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024