Author Topic: 2 Weeks post op with fielding  (Read 3968 times)

Offline furiousgeorge

• Posting Member
Hi

So I had my surgery on the 7th with fielding, I made a topic on the recovery for a couple days but id like to make a new one just for updates with before/after pics since i got my garment off. On a scale of 1-10 of how pleased I am with the surgery, it would be like 99999999^99999! I consider my case pretty severe not only in size/puffy nipples, but also the shape of my breasts. They were extremely. . . perky, and in order to hide it I really had to hunch in order to be at the bare minimum level of comfort, which wasnt comfortable at all. Now Im starting to unlearn some of my bad habits . . . hunching is dissapearing with effort, I laugh a bit inside when I tug at my shirt to readjust it (you guys knoww hat im talking about : ;) and finally being able to stand straight with my chest out, what a feeling.

Heres some preop:

http://www.photodump.com/Guest/786adc91032b059b.jpg.html

http://www.photodump.com/Guest/90f2ca08dcf98c30.jpg.html

Im sortof lucky they didnt sag because loose skin doesnt seem to be a problem at all so far (my friend who had the same surgery wasnt so lucky, they had to remove a good chunk on both sides which leaves a big long scar a bit under the nipple). I had been pumping some iron before the surgery so my chest is not completely flat which Ive come to realize is not what I want. There is some scar tissue mainly under the nipple, but above is muscle with a decent layer of fat. I could stand to lose some weight, but as of now (well at least until the nipple scars heal up) I actually smile a bit when I look in the mirror after having to live with gyne for about half my life (im 20). Oh and if there was a chest I could have right now it would be arnold in conan the destroyer  ;D

Here are the post op pics (sorry for blurriness, bad webcam)

http://www.photodump.com/Guest/f52c4657167a0541.jpg.html

http://www.photodump.com/Guest/f8da810853e0d247.jpg.html

http://www.photodump.com/Guest/285016df6990e86f.jpg.html

http://www.photodump.com/Guest/e52ab7fddf572be9.jpg.html

But as you can see the improvement over before. . . seems incredible to me. Im going to start hitting the gym the first week of feb and now I dont need to go early so that its not crowded and I can do excersizes that would otherwise be "revealing", and I will start using the showers there which means not having to head back just to change (gym is on campus) and having to wake up an hour earlier to compensate! I am very glad I got this done now in wintertime because by the time t-shirt weather hits the compression vest will be gone, and for the first time in a long time I can wear a t-shirt and not worry about the direction the wind is blowing :D

Ill update again perhaps right before I start hitting the gym, and then post occasional updates as things get better. Guys, if your case was as bad as mine dont hesitate AT ALL to get this done. The pain of op and recovery (alot of guys say there isnt alot of pain but fielding said he removed 1 liter of fat from both breasts. . . which didnt include gland, and mine was pretty hefty. Was pretty painful I will not deny) is nothing, I repeat NOTHING compared to having to just live with it another day. Before Christmas break I was incredibly depressed, damn near gave up on school (bombed a few courses which sets me back about a year at my university) even though I knew I was getting the op (gets real hard especially those days/weeks before, had a Christmas party to go to. . . lets say I only had 2 things on my mind, and both were my boobs!). This operation is not an instant cure, but just experiencing life without this burden on your shoulders is simply incredible. It cost me 1680 for the OP and id have gladly payed more if I had to go back and do it again. Thanks grandpa bambu for the response you sent me to my questions a while back, I pretty much called within a few days after and set up the first appointment which is what I was most afraid of.

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Wow, what an inspiring story. Despite the blurriness, I can clearly see you have fantastic results. Thanks for sharing your experience here.

Offline furiousgeorge

• Posting Member
Thanks :) I weigh roughly 90kg and am 6 feet tall just incase you guys cant tell in the pictures (had to crouch, cam wasnt being cooperative). Although I could lose some fat (yes fat! not weight) my doctor at home and on campus both say Im not overly obese, just mainly have a tummy. My legs do have a bit of fat on them but when im biking in the summer they get pretty bulky and its barely noticeable. I hope (and expect) all this to change because as my older sister now loves telling me, no excuses! Ive got no excuses (well it was just the one excuse) not to go to the beach with her and friends, no excuses not to go biking or outside alltogether on a slightly windy day, and one of her favorites, no excuses to not wear the slightly fitting shirts she keeps buying me. Oh that reminds me, my profile looks great with a T-shirt on. The only minor thing is the scab on the right nipple, it causes this weird sortof pokey bump but that will be gone soon. I actually like wearing a T-shirt more without the compression vest because the vest raises my stomach up a few inches and makes it look like I have a donut around me  :P Without it, I just look . . . normal, and thats what we all want ;)

Offline furiousgeorge

• Posting Member
Just a quick question for people who have had this done. I know you are supposed to massage the nipples, but im just wondering how? Does it matter? Because right now im just applying some pressure then moving them in circular motions for a minute and a half each day, not sure if thats enough (or overdoing it?). Thanks.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I know you are supposed to massage the nipples.

Who told you this dude?

Just let MoNa do her stuff and you'll be fine! ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
no excuses not to go biking on a slightly windy day.

I hear ya there dude!

Shortly after my surgery I hopped on my bike with just a t-shirt on a windy day and what a feeling it was to feel the breeze against my body without the fear of my m(o)(o)bs being revealed...  Ah, the things some guys take for granted eh!

Im going to start hitting the gym the first week of feb and now I dont need to go early so that its not crowded and I can do excersizes that would otherwise be "revealing", and I will start using the showers there which means not having to head back just to change (gym is on campus) and having to wake up an hour earlier to compensate!

I use to go to the gym at 2am when there were very few people there.
Also, never used the showers there. Always took a shower when I returned home.

Thanks grandpa bambu for the response you sent me to my questions a while back, I pretty much called within a few days after and set up the first appointment which is what I was most afraid of.

For sure, making 'The Call' for some is not an easy task...
I'm glad that it all worked out for you dude!

Congrats on your surgery my man!  ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024