Author Topic: Taking propecia after surgery???  (Read 1989 times)

Offline eire_245

• Posting Member
so i had my surgery about 8 weeks ago, i was happy at the start, but my right side seems to have developed what feels like a solid disc under the nipple that wasnt there for the first 5 weeks and my left side also seems to have swollen a bit! my surgeon said i have to give it at least 6 months before we can really see, but at the min i think im in line for a revision, unless it merely scar tissue! would i be able to take kenalog shots at this stage?? and also i went back onto propecia 5 days ago, my nipples felt quite sore, would side effects of propecia kick in already? or shud i steer well clear (i was on propecia 2 months prior to surgey and had no change to my gyno)
any help will be much appreciated

Offline silverback22

• Posting Member
mate in all honesty its a hard call. I assume your taking for hair loss at 1mg / day? Problem is that as you may well know it can create an inbalance with regards to your test and estrogen levels, increasing the latter which can result in gyno. Now gyno symptons are relatively easy to dectect for some thing like this i.e itchey / sore nips, puffy nips etc however as you are only 8weeks in it will be hard to know whether its the healing process or the beginning of gyno . I would probably wait 6months and then start on the propecia maybe use regaine or something in the meantime. I am in a similar boat, was on it for 5years and am 6weeks post opp but my gyno was not caused by the proscar but i aint risking it, do not wanna risk having the gyno come back....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024