Author Topic: What does scar tissue look like?!  (Read 7396 times)

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Hey guys

I am just over 1 week post op and have read alot of people complaining about scar tissue.

What does it look like and why do you get it??

Also I have a lump when I touch it, it hurts. It doesnt look like a bruise so should I be concerned?
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline Hope

• Silver Member

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I had a painful lump like you, and my doctor told me that it was scar tissue.

GynO_DuDe

Wheres the lump? at the incision points? I had one their and it was just a bit of swelling that subsided over a month or so.

Scar tissue is proper lumps that you have to massage everyday. Some days it will feel like its not their, other days it will be more visible (its weird) .... But eventually after a good year or so, they dissapear completely OR if they don't, you can ask for Kenalog shots if it really bothers you.

Offline Dider11

• Posting Member
What exactly do kenalog shots do? Are they meant to help with scar tissue?

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Wheres the lump? at the incision points? I had one their and it was just a bit of swelling that subsided over a month or so.

Scar tissue is proper lumps that you have to massage everyday. Some days it will feel like its not their, other days it will be more visible (its weird) .... But eventually after a good year or so, they dissapear completely OR if they don't, you can ask for Kenalog shots if it really bothers you.

I think im getting that because some days it feels like its getting better than other days I can feel the lump and when touched feels like a bruise.

I will ask Levick tommorow.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024