Author Topic: Exercise to help!!  (Read 4187 times)

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
Hi,
Just a quick question,
I Have Gynecomastia like many other's on here, i have the real kind which has a lump/gland on each side of my chest i also have a tiny bit of fat i would say due to gynecomastia (i have never been fat/overweight),

Im slim and not overweight at all, i know doing cardio and lifting weight's wont get rid of the lump/gland but will it get of the fatty tissue around the lump as im looking to tone up alot more and dont see the point if im going to still have breast's?

To check out my photo's view : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19817.0

Jake
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline absec9

• Posting Member
Bro,

Hop on a treadmill and start running like a mile a day.  Then move up to like 4 to 5 over the course of like 2 months.  You'll see the fat melt off your chest, definitely.

As for your gyno, its not bad at all.  Just have the surgery and you'll look brand new.  Don't worry at all man!!

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
Bro,

Hop on a treadmill and start running like a mile a day.  Then move up to like 4 to 5 over the course of like 2 months.  You'll see the fat melt off your chest, definitely.

As for your gyno, its not bad at all.  Just have the surgery and you'll look brand new.  Don't worry at all man!!

actually you just gave a wrong advice buddy,, the guy is skinny that's why it makes his gyne look more noticeable.. if i were you dude.. eat more, lift weights and aim for that bigger shoulder and biceps.. you could work out your upper chest also.. promise you'll look good after this.. don't run on a threadmill, that will burn more calories buddy 'coz there's no such thing as spot reduction..

Offline absec9

• Posting Member
ha, there's not really a right or wrong answer. He said he wants to get rid of the fat on his chest.  He can't spot reduce, but if he runs he will cut up everywhere, including his chest.  Lifting won't make it any better.  It may actually cause the gyno to protrude even more because the extra muscle will push it out. 

Anyway, bro just run and lift and workout so you build muscle, and then when you have the surgery you'll look great!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I don't mean to sound cynical or unsympathetic, but the truth is that there are a whole lot of people who hope they look as good as your pictures after they have surgery.

Keep in mind that we are not talking about an abnormality, but a condition that is present to some degree in a very considerable part of the male population. At what point does the condition become enough of an embarrassment to justify surgery? This is a very person matter No one can answer but the man involved.

With respect to exercises, They do not work.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You appear to be slender and have a minimal amount of gyne directly under the nipple.  If you were to exercise/diet more, your body (including parts of your chest) would undoubtedly become slimmer.  But any solid breast tissue would not change -- and then in relation to your now more slimmer body, it might look even more pronounced. 

In addition, if you build up your chest, it will only push the solid breast tissue further out -- perhaps making it seem more prominent.

This is why surgery is the only known and reliable method to remove the excess tissue.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
You assessment is accurate.  You do not have a lot of fatty tissue, it is mostly glandular.  You will most likely have limited success with weight loss. You can try weight loss and lifting weights, but if it is glandular, the only way to get rid of it through surgical excision. 

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:51:42 PM by Dr. Cruise »
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline chrisf39

if you your arms get bigger it draws attention away from your chest, also when doing chest never do decline  bench but instead focus hard on incline because that will work the upper part of your chest making it seem more balanced

Offline toolhead

• Posting Member
If I was in your case, I would definitely aim to bulk up. Larger shoulders, a larger back, and bigger arms would definitely pull the attention away from your chest. However, this will not treat your gynecomastia--it will only hide it and minimize its appearance.

I recall a friend of mine telling me that when I am able to do "a 100 push-ups," my gyne will be gone. I pursued this challenge relentlessly and sure, it gave my chest better definition but did nothing for my gyne. I then started taking care of my nutrition and got a gym membership and with time, things were getting better--for my body as a whole, but not my chest. The worst advice however, was leaning down when I was already slim (I was 6'1"ish at around 155lbs) because all that did was make my gyne a hell of a lot more noticeable.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I recall a friend of mine telling me that when I am able to do "a 100 push-ups," my gyne will be gone.

Hmmmm, as simple as that eh?   ::) ::) ::)

Another G solution fallacy... 

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024