Author Topic: Need opinions about what a doctor told me  (Read 2146 times)

Offline pg2012

• Posting Member
I recently went to my doctor and I told him about my nipple hurting, he looked at it and didn't say anything and prescribed me indocin because I told him it was painful. The cyst whatever it is, isn't painful anymore but its till there and makes my left nipple look a bit bigger than my right. What should I do next? its been about 5 weeks since this has occurred.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Can you provide some additional information?  It's not clear from your post if you have gynecomastia, if you've had surgery, if you're asking about some random event which caused pain in the nipple...etc. 

RS
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Is it five weeks since you saw the doctor or five weeks since you noticed something unusual with one nipple?
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline pg2012

• Posting Member
it's been 5 weeks since i felt this lump kind of thing under my nipple. I dont think he diagnosed me correctly, since he was very rude. It's painful if i touch it or squeeze it. It doesn't move much it stays under my nipple. Its the same size as my nipple I believe underneath it. It hasn't made my chest into man boobs or anything since im fairly skinny i don't notice it but if you look closely u can see its a bit bigger. if you guys want I can take a picture. It happened before when I was in puberty but it went away, but i'm 19 now so i don't know why. Some people call it estrogen lumps? if the male body has an excess of estrogen it turns into these lumps. if thats what it is.

Offline pg2012

• Posting Member
any feed back would be great :)

thank you

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's possible that you have a mild case of gynecomastia, but it's not easy to tell from your description of your history.  Your doctor should be able to differentiate between a cyst and gynecomastia, but a small lump could make that differentiation challenging, since it might be a small focus of gynecomastia as compared to a small cyst.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024